Prospects you liked but didn't get?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who are some of the players you wanted for the Titans but didn't get, and how are they doing as pros?

Ill start by mentioning Bengals CB Dre Kirkpatrick. In 2012 after losing Cortland Finnegan I had CB high on our priority list and liked Dre Kirkpatrick for us at 20, but he ended up being taken at 17. Anyways, fast forward to today and here's what Dre has accomplished.

He had a slow start as a rookie in 2012 playing behind Leon Hall, Adam Jones, and Terence Newman, but in 2013 he saw his chance and posted 30 tackles, a sack, 7 pass deflections, and 3 interceptions.

Another guy I was hopeful for that year was Packers LB/DE Nick Perry. After the combine I was totally sold on Perry, and since being drafted Perry has posted pretty tame numbers, 46 tackles, 3 forced fumbles, and 6 sacks, but he's also battled injuries that whole time.

I guess I'll keep it to 3 players (there's so many) and include Texans J.J. Watt in 2011. That damn lockout though made us have to go QB at 8, and while I was cool with Locker, not taking Watt has truly come back to haunt us.

Well you got to hear about my favorites we missed out on, who are yours?

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

2013 Alex Okafor
    Did nothing his rookie year

2012 Luke Kuechly

2011 J.J Watt

We all know how Kuechly and Watt turned out.

This year Max Bollough

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

2011 - JJ Watt & Nick Fairley
    2013 - Star Lotulelei (I'm still mad about this one)
    Jordan Reed - Speedy TE with good hands, could have had him in the 3rd. Instead we took Blidi and he didn't really do anything last year. I'm worried about the TE position because if Walker goes down early we're stuck with Stevens and Thompson. That's a scary thought.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Don't remind me about Star. Im still trying to lobby for a difference maker to put with Casey.

5. JCBRAVE

What about Max Bollough intrigues you?

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Bollough does not have elite speed but did run the second fastest 40 for a inside linebacker at the nfl combine with a 4.78.

However, he is highly intelligent football player who can diagnosis plays rather well. Big presence in the middle and is not afraid of contact. Has been a two-year captain and was a vocal leader at Michigan State. In a few years could very well be the leader of a defense, and put everyone around him in the right places to succeed.

7. JCBRAVE

4.7 is plenty fast enough for MLB

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

He'll be limited in coverage, his football IQ should make up for that. I would love to get him in the 4th or 5th round.

9. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

The one I really wanted was Chandler Jones in 2012. I was pretty upset about us taking Kendall Wright at the time. We took Kendall one spot before Jones went to the Patriots. I can't say I am disappointed with Kendall Wright. He has turned out to be one heck of a Wide Receiver. I still wish we had Jones too though. He has been pretty consistent for the Patriots. If not for Wright though we would still have a pretty big need at WR.

10. JCBRAVE

Hes mocked to go in the 7th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar