Prudent draft approach, what our draft should look like.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's my latest hope:

I'm guessing these players will be gone by our pick: Fairley, Bowers, Dareus, Peterson, Green, QB, and maybe Von or and OL.

So alot of people are thinking that we would go Amukamara (which, I wouldn't mind). But I think we have decent corners already. So here's my plan.. we trade our 1st round. Yes, seems like we say that every year (but it makes sense this time!). The Lions need a corner bad, and would be willing to trade up for Prince. So we trade our 1st round and 6th round then we receive a their 1st (13), 2nd (44), 5th.

Then our draft goes like:
    1st round (13) - DE: Cameron Jordan or Robert Quinn
    2nd round (39) - DT: Stephen Paea or Drake Nevis
    2nd round (44) - LB: Martez Wilson
    3rd round (77) - QB: Christian Ponder
    4th round - OG: John Moffitt
    5th round - RB: Roy Helu
    5th round - Center

ahh what a draft

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

1. Prince Amukamara, CB, NEB
    2. Stephen Paea, DT, OSU
    3. Mark Herzlich, OLB, BC
    4. Will Hill, S, UF
    5. Tim Barnes, G/C, MIZZ
    6. John Clay, RB, WIS
    7. Greg McElroy, QB, ALA

Seems like a pretty great draft to me. Of course we'll have comp. picks but you get it.

Some other guys I like for later rounds: Martin Parket, DT. Charlie Gantt, TE. Noel Devine, RB. James Carpenter, OT. Josh Bynes, ILB. Jah Reid, OT. Jerrell Powe, DT. Kelvin Shepperd, ILB. K.J. Wright, OLB. Shareece Wright, CB. Caleb Schlauderaff, OG.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd be happy with that. Add in a 4th round comp pick DE, and it's a solid draft. Don't know alot about Will Hill though.

4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I don't like the Herzlich pick, I have been watching him in the Senior bowl practices and he looked poor on multiple occasions. He will still go around 3rd-4th rounds but I would pick a different LB.

PS I'm still pulling for the guy after his cancer troubles.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah I was thinking OLB in the 3rd and I thought...well we did draft Johnson and Rolle last year sooo haha.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I'll use your trade as I think its realistic if Prince is gonna be there at 8, Detriot would love him.

1st round (13) - DE: Cameron Jordan
    2nd round (39) -QB: Colin Kaepernick
    2nd round (44) - DT: Marvin Austin
    3rd round (77) - SS: DeAndre McDaniel
    4th round - LB:Kelvin Sheppard
    5th round - C: Jake Kirkpatrick
    5th round - RB:Roy Helu jnr
    6th round - TE Blocker

Still want Locker though

7. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

4 round mock from Walterfootball.

8.Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
    39.Benjamin Ijalana, OT/G, Villanova
    77. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    108.Jeron Johnson, SS, Boise State

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd like to see that approach taken if both of the corners are off the board. This draft is amazingly deep at DE and DT so by trading down we'd still get a stud. Only problem is finding a dance partner because I don't think a team will want a QB bad enough to trade up. This could be the first year I can remember where there will not be a QB taken in round one.

9. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

I'm here to tell everyone, there is no ****ing way that Fisher is taking a developmental project wrt a Quarterback ... listening to Mayock ... Colin is 3 years out

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Gee...thanks for the info. Kerry Collins then?

And by the time the CBA gets sorted out any QB coming in will be developmental. I bet we take a qb in the first three rounds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar