Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

PS3 controller won't stay charged long?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Bobo Guest

Just got the system at christmas, and I'm wondering if the charging system for the controller just sucks or if mine has a problem. I can plug the thing into the usb port on the PS3 overnight, and it may not last an hour the next day. Is there any way to tell if it's charging properly?
  2. Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $68
    Not sure. I had a "similar" problem with mine where they wouldn't charge at all and it turned out to be the cable. Changed the cable and it has worked fine ever since.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,223
    I assume you leave the PS3 on when you are charging it? It doesn't charge when it is off.

When you stick it into the USB port and the mini-usb on the Controller, the light on the controller (on the top) turns red.

If you plug it is and just browse the XMB (Video, Music, Games, etc) on the top right hand corner there is the battery symbol which should be doing that charge thing.

Press the PS button on the controller to see how much battery is left (it will appear on the top right corner as well)

Plug it into your PC and see if it charges.

That's about all I suggest.
  3. Bobo Guest

I've been turning the system off. I just assumed it could charge w/o the system on. Damn new technology just not smart enough :lol:
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,223
    lol...that's too Terminator-ish for me.
  4. Bobo Guest

I think I could take my PS3 if it rose up to take me out. Unless it comes for me in my sleep....now I'm paranoid :scared:
  5. PitBull Bred to Brawl

Moolah:
    $8
    Bobo..
    what i do is I connect it to my laptop before i go to sleep or to work, and I set my laptop to automatically shut down after 120 minutes.

here.. try out this PC auto shut off program.

http://www.vistashutdowntimer.toflo.de/

btw... even though the name of the program is 'vistashutdowntimer', it works on my XP.
  6. Bobo Guest

For some reason I thought Windows already had that option. I guess if it recharges straight off any usb port, I could do that while my puter is just idling.
  7. A Fightin'Titan Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Speaking of this .... why don't they make the "recharge cords" longer? I have two controllers and every once in a while I get caught with both out of power. My living room is fair size and no couch/chair is in reach of this "mega", 2 foot cord. They should at least be as long as the old PS2 controller cord lengths.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,223
    I suppose they didn't see a point since it is wireless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.