PS3 price drops $100. New 80g model coming

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it was just a matter of time. i'll still be purchasing the 60 gig one, no need for 80 gigs.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I may actually purchase one now, it's still up in the air though

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

c'mon ..........

a nifty Blu-Ray player
    a Bluetooth Blu-Ray Remote
    and SIX free Blu-ray movies
    for $500 ?!?!?!?

that's one of the better deals for a retail package I've seen in a long time

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

That's a very good deal I admit. But, i'm not exactly the type of guy that ever used my gaming system to its full potential. I never play online or any of that stuff, and I don't even know how often I would use the Blu-Ray player. That being said, though, if I have until the end of September to get in on that deal, then I might have to take it.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how often do you watch DVD's (SD or otherwise?)
    if you have it hooked up via HDMI to a HD capable set, you get glorious upconversion to "Full HD" resolutions. (highly recommend a true 1080p display for ultimate results)
    I sent in a few DVD's to show me what they got, and they felt "new" ... "refreshing" ..... I might even have to dust off a few that I haven't seen in awhile. I'm actually looking forward to watching DVD's again.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They sense the power of the Wii taking hold in the market...

Fancy graphics and blue ray are no match for mario party 8, apparently.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The Wii is a fun little game machine, but that is it. And that is fine. I think once people realize that the PS3, and the 360 (don't know much about that), is more of a media center that plays great games, then that is where folks will tend to head. With the PS3 you have good games, HD Player (that now upconverts), you can stream media with your PC machine, surf the net with it, among other things. Basically I think Sony should spend some PR money on that rather than showing the cool games it can do. I use the PS3 more for watching movies, downloading trailers, viewing web clips, etc. than actually playing games on it.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd agree that they're completely different devices. But I think the Wii is going to catch on faster to a much broader demographic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar