Ps3 to get DVR / TV Tuner capability

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Puck, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They're about the same in some way or another. Is what I have gathered. Depends who is talking. Someone who actually knows. A PS3 fan boy or a 360 fanboy.

The tech talk is like Chinese to me.

2. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

Let me preface with;

I love my 360 for gaming. I do also watch HD DVD on it as well.

I love my PS3 for other reasons but the fact that it plays games and that there are going to be some great games coming out eventually is only a plus.

PS3 has a superior CPU
    360 has a superior GPU
    360 has 512mb ram that is shared by its components.
    PS3 has 256 + 256mb of dedicated ram for the GPU and CPU which does not really equate to 512 since this memory cannot be shared by its components like the 360 can.
    PS3 has Blu Ray for games
    360 has DVD for games

Other than the Blu Ray/DVD thing, this is why 360 games thus far are looking better and running better on the 360 than the PS3.

Now, when ever developers really figure out how to properly use the cell processor on the PS3 they should be able to overcome its GPU and memory shortcomings. The extra storage space on Bly Ray also helps the PS3.

Both consoles have strengths and weaknesses. I do know one thing, the PS3 is not that much greater than the 360 like the Sony hype machine led many to believe.

I really think that when the PS3 starts to really flex its muscles we will hear talk from MS about the next Xbox.

I say "Bring it on!!"

Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar