PS3 to win console wars

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Where did you hear that? The PS2 has been actually outselling the 360, let alone the original Xbox - this is of course before the PS3 was released.

Microsoft got into the video game business to make money, not because they have a personal vendetta against Sony. They lost money with the Xbox for the first three years and they are just now starting to make up for it with the 360 - they might consider lowering the price in Japan where they have a small market, but not in the US.

Microsoft could have delivered a big blow to Sony by releasing a great line up of games (especially at end of last year), but they have failed to do so. There are a couple of great games for sure, though, not enough to put down the PS3. That might change with some promising games coming up soon such as Mass Effect and Bioshock, but that gives the PS3 enough time to come up with good games of its own.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That article is 3 years old.

3. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

yeah and thats what supdawg said. he said a FEW years ago the xbox was outselling the ps2 and he was using an article from a FEW years ago to support his argument.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He said in the last few years. Things may have changed between then and now.

However because the X-Box outsold the PS2 in the USA doesn't mean it outsold it overall...which it didn't.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And of course you will now provide a link to prove your claim, right? ;)

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Are you trying to prove that you were wrong? That article points out that the Xbox outsold the PS2 in April and in the US only. I think there were a total of two months in which the Xbox outsold the PS2 that year, if I'm not mistaken, but that was it.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Don't know if I trust a Wiki page that is:
    Not saying you're not right, just saying I don't trust that "evidence".

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There are citations leading to other pages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar