PS3 to win console wars

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Its obvious you're a Sony fan boy. I don't really care one way or the other. And yes, the US is the world. :)

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

urr unless only Sony fan boys have the ability to read he is just pointing out the obvious.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, unless I overlooked something, none of those citations are particularly helpful when wanting to compare the two. The only thing I came across was that in Q2 2006 MS "Games Division" had $1.56B in sales and Sony "Games Division" had $1.4B in sales. Now I don't know the pricetags of the various consoles, but if they are about equal (as would be expected if it's a competitive market) then it's indicating that MS sold more than Sony.

Of course the problem is that the numbers aren't broken down into individual XBOX and PS2 figures, but incorporate all accessories and probably also games.

But again, that's just 1 quarter, I couldn't find any really comparable data to determine the total units sold for a given time period (of course I only skimmed the various data as sifting through it would take a long time).

As far as I can tell the PS2 is obviously going to have an advantage as far as total number of units sold, being that it was launched some 2 years before the XBOX. The interesting data is number of units sold between 2002 and the present.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Even that is skewed because of the already established fan base and those who already have one.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Because I pointed out that you were wrong? If you really didn't care about it, then why bother bringing it up in the first place?

6. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I admit to being to being an XBOX homer, but I also know that while I think it is the best system on the market right now I can admit it isn't the top selling. I don't care as long as they keep making games for it (former Dreamcast owner speaking there).

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Xbox wins in the US, but loses overall BC Sony is worldwide, if XBOX360 went worldwide, they would outsell all

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

last time I checked Microsoft and X-Box are both sold worldwide.

That argument holds no water.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

not necessarily, if you think about it, even it they are available worldwide, the problem is sony goes out of their way more to advertise everywhere, and yes, thats microsofts fault, if they put more time into foreign advertisement, i think they could compete

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They are sold worldwide and both are advertised.

It is either because people get the first console out (which has usually been Sony except the PS3) or Sony is their choice. Plus some don't buy American because they're "evil"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar