Public Group ideas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's cool and you know it.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I thought the video game forum was gone.

The public group thing is not a bad idea, but the problem is that there's a good chance that it won't be found by new members joining the forum, and the sudden change might even go unnoticed among current members.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I am raising an army. :winker:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I still don't see a need for it to be a separate "private" forum
    I got the lowdown from TJ, even if I don't quite undersdtand it

it's going to make it harder for people to participate in the thread (which I'd like to see more people involved in it beside just me and Gunny butting heads)

I will try and look for new requests every chance I get
    I'm glad Jeff waited until yesterday, because I've been working 12-16 hour days on Award shows for the past 2 weeks (GMA/Dove - CMT Video/ Flameworthy)

so be patient if it takes me a moment to aquire memberships for you

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

of what ?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Once we get this going, I will post an announcement thread on it to let all know what we have. The only advantage I see to it is that those who want to view new posts won't have to now weed through topics unrelated to the Titans and NFL.

If vB was smart, they'd have a way for each member to click buttons next to the forums they want to view/post and there would be no need for public groups.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If the people are not members of a group can they still see the sub-forum?

For example, a new user joins up he can see the Video Game sub-forum, but when he clicks on it, it says something like "Access only to members. To join, goto user CP etc etc." or something like that?

If they can see the sub-forum, they know it is there and can join if they want to.

that probably made no sense.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It made sense and they can't see it. But I found a gizmo tonight which will allow member to pick the forums they want to see when they hit the "new posts" button. Once installed and working, there is really no need to have a public group unless a group wanted privacy.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Only took me 4 years.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's why I wanted the group. They don't give public tours of the war room at the pentagon ya know! :winker:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar