QB in next year's draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by nickmsmith, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'd be surprised if we do, but do you think we will or should get a QB in this years draft? If so, who? There seems to be a lot of potentially good ones, potentially coming out this year.
    Graham Harrell
    Chase Daniel
    Matt Stafford
    Rudy Carpenter
    Colt McCoy
    Juice Williams
    Tebow, doubt he comes out though
    tons more, but I don't watch much NCAA football.

maybe Boeckman as a FA to develop??

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No, we sign collins to a new 3 year deal and he is our QB. VY for the next 2 seasons will be the most expensive backup in the league.

We can't change this team.

There are 3 Qbs in this league that are playing great and are 2-3 years older than kerry. Collins has showed no indication of aging or decline. He has to be our QB after what has happened you don't take a super bowl contender and change QBs.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Ok, not to bash, but Juice and Boeckman aren't even starting for their COLLEGE teams, not exactly what I'm looking for.

Harrell, Daniel and Tebow are all system QBs...but at least Harrell and Daniel can throw the ball. Tebow is a bigger project than Vince. Colt McCoy is a real football player, but he comes from the same system as VY, so I don't know how good he really is, he does throw the ball better than VY though.

I agree with RollTide, we already have our QB of the future sitting the bench. Heck we might have even gotten a steal with Simms, we don't know what Dinger can do with them yet.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This would be my ideal scenario as well, but I'm not convinced it will work. How long can we keep Vince happy/motivated/ready to step in if he's a backup? I have a hard time believing that he'll be willing to sit on the bench for 2 more seasons after this one, and an ever harder time believing that after 3 years of not playing he'll be ready to step in and be a starter.

5. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

If Kerry isn't re-signed, I could see us making a play for McNabb. He's playing his way out of Philly, and whether it's justified or not is a whole different story. He has plenty of gas left in the tank, IMO.

The guy is getting thrown under the bus because he didn't know there was a tie rule. I mean, come on, it's a little pathetic for Philly fans to be throwing him under the bus for something that stupid. If Vince was in Philly, he would have already pulled the trigger.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's the damn truth, Philly fans are ruthless. I am amazed at Andy Reid's coaching ineptitude time after time during the clutch...simply terrible. There's no way he could pull off a last second free-throw, he'd piss his pants. DNabb has endured a lot in Philly that's for sure.

8. nickmsmith

boeckman would be better than pryor at the pro level, I seriously think. If
    He's a FA then what's it gonna hurt? I don't think anyone would argue that we shouldn't keep Collins, but I really don't want vince, and we need someone to develop.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Reid is an average coach who has had better than average success because of DC jimmie johnson and his QB.

During his tenure they have never had a power running game.

10. nickmsmith

and I really don't want mcnabb. We don't need another big money qb. It would be the same issue as with vy, they try to make them do too much, when we have such a good running game. Collins is the perfect fit here. Mcnabb is always hurt and on the downside of his career anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar