QB Next Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SARGO127, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

I know Collins could be brought back and VY is considered the QB of the future but looking what might be available in FA its hard to ignore.

Kurt Warner, argueably the MVP right now
    Kyle Orton, improving
    Matt Cassel, young QB getting better and better
    Donovan McNabb, probably going to be cut

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Maybe we should get a legit #1 WR to go with Gage before we worry about QB.

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I heard the Titans want to keep all three of the quarterbacks we have right now. Kinda doesn't make since to me. I agree we should hang on to Collins a couple more years but what's the deal with keeping Vince and Simms? They are not going to go out and get a new quarterback just cause some good one's are avaliable. And as far as the wide receiver.....no telling what they are gonna do. They need to do something though. Why not get Chad Johnson???

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It is politically correct to say they want to keep all three right now. I doubt the Titans will decide anything until February based on how the rest of the season unfolds.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'm not advocating it at all, nor do I think it will happen but...

What would be the salary cap ramifications if we cut Vince in the offseason? Just curious.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We've been over this. It doesn't make sense to cut Vince (money-wise), though if we were just determined to give up on him, the time to do it would be at the end of next season.

I agree with TJ's assessment though.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

matt cassel is the second coming of matt schaub.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. teegee

teegee Guest

All of those guys would want more $$$ than Collins, and unless the Titans find a way togetrid of VY(which they may not even want todo), they aren'tgoing to throw a ton of $$$ at another QB.

Also, Warner is playing with two of the best WRs in the entire NFL in Boldin and Fitzgerald -- he wouldn't be putting up anywhere near the same kind of numbersif he were the Titans' QB (he's also older than Collins, BTW); Cassel could be aone-hit wonder (remember Rob Johnson? Buffalo threw a ton of $$$ at him after he had a few really good games, and he turned out to be a bust); I'm not a big Orton fan; and McNabb seems to have lost it -- whether he can find it again is another story...

9. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

I'd take that.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

matt schaub has some Andre Johnson to throw to...who do we have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar