QB ratings-Week 1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Silver Oak, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Guest

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

In the end, doesn't the win column matter the most?

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Lemme guess Oaf... you created this thread so you can talk about how bad "wunderlich" was last Sunday, while your boy Schuab tore it up right? While i'm on topic, I bet you planned on using this smiley :ha: a lot right? Dear god, you've only been here like a month and your entire schtick is already played out bro. Why don't you go back to the drawing board, and come back when you have something new to say.

4. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Guest

as this is not the Smack forum, I meant no ill feelings. I posted as it is NFL news.

I apologize if it hurt your feelings Red.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, in other NFL news, the Titans are in first place in the AFC South, with a 1-0 division record.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Dude has a point whether we like it or not. VY's passing mechanics do suck and they are going to suck until they are addressed. Until then, we have to rely on his "touch and dink" passes that come off his back foot.

(And his INT was a result of "floating" one off of his back foot.)

I'm a huge VY fan, but we really shouldn't get bent that he does have a weakness. His strengths such as his ability to run, to lead/motivate and mostly his ability to make plays and win weigh far greater in the balance of his complete skills package than his weakness.

You must have been under that cow with your mouth open, 'cause what your spewing is complete BS.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Here are some career qb ratings that will enlighten the poster to some degree. It's too bad he didn't do his homework.

in the redzone: 84.2
    over 30 attempts: 117.5
    7 points or less: 80.0
    Behind 7 points or less: 93.4

Vince Young supporters have said all along, it's not how much, it's when. In close games and in the red zone Vince moves the ball. It's what we've been saying all along. But nobody seems to get that. What is funny is that the stats support it. VY is exactly what we thought he was. Clutch.

Here is another 2006 nugget.
    Interceptions when ahead or behind by less than 7 points: 0

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Nice post Slamma - very true - clutch describes him better than anything... Vince has his problems and we shouldn't deny that. But while he's learning and improving he's finding ways to win. And even when he doesn't come through, the team around him does. So Silver Oak's post really is a compliment to the entire team. Winning when your QB has a 47 rating... that's a good team. Thanks, SO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar