QB situation now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Well, unfortunately, I think that the win today just delayed us seeing Mett for at least a few more weeks. So the question now is, who should be our qb going forward?

Jake is the starter, and I would assume that he will be healthy by this sunday, but the question is will the staff continue to trust jake to stay healthy? Jakes play has also been up and down, and has times where is misses wide open guys.

CBJ on the other hand has been hitting open guys more often, and seems to be getting more out of Hunter than Jake can. However, he seems to completely disappear in the 2nd half of games. And holds onto the ball too long.

At this point, I feel that a healthy Locker gives us the best chance to win(which I think the coaches are still trying to do), but why give him the practice reps when there is little chance that he will actually finish a game?

I think both Jake and CBJ are QBs that need all the reps they can get during the week and in games. And I also wonder if part of CBJs problem if holding onto the ball too long has to do with lack of reps ... could he get better by taking more reps in games and practice? possibly better than Locker? The accuracy is there with him at least.

Honestly I still dont have much hope for the season and wish we wouldve seen Mett today, but with the win that wont happen... will be interesting to see what they doing moving forward.

• Boring Boring x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Locker is definitely gonna start when healthy, he's better in there than CBJ.

• Bullsh*t x 3
    • Boring x 2
    • Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This thread is basically, "well, ****, Whitehurst didn't suck so now we can't see Mett."

That was never the obstacle keeping Mettenberger from seeing the field.

4. davidc502

davidc502 Starter

CBJ is getting better.... he's starting to have a feel for the game, and is improving.

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Locker is gonna be the starter this next Sunday against Washington.

If he remains the starter after that, that just all depends if he has been drinking his milk or not.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Starting Locker is so dumb. Were gonna keep spinning our wheels with a dead end QB just to try and eek out some moral victories. Start Mett this season is lost. See what we have for the future lets not prolong the rebuilding process any longer than we have to.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

To OP

Locker did not pratice thursday if the NFL scroller can be trusted. He did not start today so I ASSUME he did not pratice friday. I am also assuming that CBJ got those pratices with the starters. So as a 113 year vet that should be enough for the 32 rated pass D in the NFL

if Wizenhunt is to be believed Locker will start when healthy. My guess is that going into the bye week the record will be a cheerful 3-5 or 2-6. I think Locker will develop a mystery injury and the buger picker will give the Titans 'the best chance to win' with CBJ retaining his role as clipboard holder extrodinare

#7 GoT, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Ty87Calico

Ty87Calico Special Teams Standout

Better at what? Missing wide open receivers CBJ might not bomb the ball often but at least he is pretty accurate. Lockers accuracy is so bad i often wonder if he needs glasses.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Locker was 8 of 11 with a rating of 122 and a passing and rushing TD before he went out (Jesus, I am so tired of hearing or saying when he went down). He will start if he can play. We wont see booger boy the 6th pick wonder until we are mathematically out of making the playoffs. We have a decent shot at winning the next two.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It sucks asking "what if"? But Locker looked so good last week and looked like he finally had that McNair moment where he just got pissed. Fragile, the end.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar