qb with the number one pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Tim, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Easy there. You going for the TWW2 award or something?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

How in the world does character even come up when discussing a players skills? Yes locker is a good guy, im sure rusty snith is too. We all wanted locker to be the guy because.of the way he plays those 5 games a year, but we need a guy whos can play 20. He's far from that guy. The manziel hate makes since coming from this board when it comes to character, but skills, your just exaggerating your hate of his character. He is nothing like the guys you compare him to, he is his own type of player that few have ever been remotely close to because people don't possess his skill set. The dude was unstoppable in college, running just as close to a real o as there is in college (yes there are a few teams that are more qualified for this statement, but few). He is a unbelievable competitor and works his a## off, he will be successful. If him or mack isn't there for us to take at 11 we should trade, if.one of them is there and we don't, we will regret it for at least 5 tests

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Nah, TWW2 hates Locker

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Agreed...and I don't see how someone can come in here and honestly act as though Jake has earned the "Franchise QB" title, when he hasn't even played a full season and put up average numbers so far, then question my team loyalty...meanwhile, I have been on here and a fan since he was in diapers..lol. Get that BS outta here. I like Jake, and I wish he were the guy, and MAYBE somehow he becomes that this year...but it looks bleak to me, and there is NOTHING to support that it will. Get ready for a QB to be drafted, and early people...

5. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Actually Whisenhunt is known for being flexible and able to adjust his offense to the type of players he has on his roster. Check out what Kurt Warner said about him:

"Offensively, what I loved about him was his flexibility. When he got to Arizona, his background in Pittsburgh was mostly two back/two tight end offense. But that wasn’t how we were built in Arizona. He was flexible to ideas and learned how I saw the game and fit the offense to what we had."

So if by some miracle Johnny Football falls to us and Whiz believes in him as a quarterback then I don't think its out of the question that he takes him and tweaks his offense to fit Johnny's strengths.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is very true. In his first OC job he had an offense run for over 2000-yards, every year after he evolved his passing game to out produce the run. He is a flexible guy. Uses QB's as WR's, WR's as RB's, he seems to be comfortable doing it all.

7. 615nick

615nick Starter

Agreed, if you look as whiz's body of work he doesn't have a style. He works with what he's got

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Locker can operate from the pocket? That's his biggest knock what are you watching? He throws better when he's running.

Haha too bad all that toughness doesn't translate to durability huh? He's no where near Stafford when it comes to pure passing.

9. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Daniel Jeremiah of nfl.com now has Bridgewater slipping to #26.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

All those analysts simply pull stuff out of their butt.

They are way worse than weather men. Because weathermen at least can at least somewhat predict what the weather will do. You could take the top 15 players and draw them from a hat, and that'll be probably as close to what happens as these draft experts say.
    It's a gigantic waste of time and energy for everyone. Yet for some reason, I still read them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar