Queens of The Stone Age vs Rise Against CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Mar 9, 2016.

?
  1. QOTSA

45.5%
  2. Rise Against

54.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BAND WARS RD1: Queens of The Stone Age vs Rise Against

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

love Rise Against

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Don't care.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I had to check out Rise Against on Spotify. How is it possible they have a song with 65 million listens that I've never heard in my life?

I'm not too crazy about Queens but not at all a fan of what I checked out from Rise Against, so Queens get the vote.

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

You're livin under a rock.
    They have a lot of great songs.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Rise Against is a wretched Nickelback clone..

Josh Homme has actually done a good bit of innovation and keeping it real over the years.
    QOTSA all day..

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I quit keeping up with popular music several years ago. I listened to clips of their top songs on Spotify and wouldn't classify any of them as "great". But to each his own.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They've only recently gotten popular... But they're certainly not top 40 type music.

Completely disagree with Cruds on the Nickelback comparison. Don't get that at all.

Maybe from the angle that they're too political... As people, I don't like them. All PETA weirdos, vegans (Not that there's anything wrong with that lol), and very outspoken politically. Like the band though.

Foo Fighters and Rise Against had a concert together here a few years ago, and I am pissed I didn't go.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I don't hear Nickelback at all. I can't really put my finger on it but something about the songs I listened to really reminded me of later Offspring.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I like Rise Against

but I love almost anything Homme touches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar