Quentin Groves DE Auburn

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He can play both DE and OLB which would be good to give good depth if Bulluck or Thornton get hurt then he could help the pass rush a little bit more and he has a good chance of being available in the 1st or 2nd round.

2. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

Who says he can play OLB, he's never done it.

He'll be a stud though because he has blazing speed for an edge rusher to go along with decent size. Most importantly, he has maybe the highest motor in the draft. Took over several games single handedly this year.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Groves hasn't started at OLB but has played at that position.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Groves, like terrell suggs will be much better off in a 3-4 as an OLB. A 3-4 OLB is not that different from the 4-3 DE and guys seem to be able to adapt all the time..

Funny, our DEs combined for 26 sacks and we still have guys insisting we need a DE. Maybe we should just sign the guys we have up fraont.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A quote from washburn's pre-game interview. Talking about our DEs he said "we suceeded as many parts and not just one and if one goes down we are screwed." This suggests to me they will want to try hard to resign both laboy and odom but if we can only keep one we will be looking for another DE to alternate..

6. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

It's all a matter of how much Odom and/or Laboy are going to want. I actually think that tandem is better than the DTs we have opposite Albert. If we can re-sign both relatively cheap, we can live with those guys I believe.

I'd like to get a stud DT beside Albert though. If Shaun Rogers is in fact available we should go after him hard. Impossible to block that DL, especially run block. Rogers is exactly the type of DT we value.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sanny, why would we be able to sign odom cheap? It may take $5M to do that based on some recent examples.

Matt millen signed cory redding for a 7 year $49M contract last year and redding was coming off a similar season to what odom had this year with 8 sacks. Of course in typical lion's style redding sucked this year.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Hmmm...Javon was of similar height, weight, and speed...

We need a DE because you can all but bet LaBoy is gone. Groves would be a nice replacement.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

groves would be the same type of compliment to odom as laboy was, but do we really want to draft a complimentary player in the first round?

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yes. Similar to the Giants drafting Kiwanuka or Tuck when they already had Strahan and Umenyiora.

He'll play STs, and he will be fast off the edge. He can bulk up to LaBoy's weight and still be faster. Also, I don't see it much different than when we had Javon starting, which Groves (hopefully) wouldn't have to. But eventually, he could start.

Also, he could play strong side LB, and maybe even the middle. If he was Adalius Thomas-like, you could potentially play him two snaps in the middle, then bring him in on 3rd down to rush the passer. Hmmmm......

And I bet he could cover RBs and TEs. I just see a lot of value potential in him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar