Question about HDMI Cables

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

My Xbox 360 came with one when I bought it a while back. I use it for both my 360 and blu-ray player.

I'm just wondering if I could get another one that would make my picture noticably better.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I ordered one for my PS3 over amazon for less than a dollar. It works just as good as what people pay 100+ for. As long as the cable carries a signal, the quality will be EXACTLY the same.

However, the cheaper cables won't last as long, but mine has been operating for 1.5 years, and really, you could simply order 5 or so cables for around 5-6 bucks. It's ridiculous what workers at Best Buy or Circuit City will tell you just to make another commission (and believe me, they fool a lot of people into buying expensive cables).

If you'd like, I can find you the cable on amazon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

Wow. I didn't realize they were as cheap as $1.

I guess I'll just stick with mine until it breaks on me. You could post up the link, if you don't mind, so I could get the one you got for really cheap.

Love Amazon, btw... Ordered T2 SkyNet edition (blu-ray) from them a couple weeks ago for $10 even.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There's no difference in 5 dollar hdmi or component cables and 70 dollar ones.

Look it up. It's where companies make all their money- accessories. They just overcharge like crazy.

The only time they matter is if they're running over a long distance. Like if they were running across your house or something.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I can't speak to HDMI cables specifically but there is definitely a range of quality in differing audio cables - to the point of being able to physically see the difference in input metering w some products.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Yup, but that's analogue signals. HDMI is pure digital. If the cable is "bad quality" you can see it by "pixelations" (bad translation from a danish word), like stutter in the picture.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

for standard short cables buy the cheap ones

I have a long run to hide my cables to a big screen on the wall.

I tried a cheap 5m cable and the picture was nothing special . Upgraded to mid price cables and the picture is now stunning again.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

www.monoprice.com

I really can't recommend monoprice enough. Great quality cables on the cheap.

9. RavensShallBurn

Btw, KamikaZ, I used to work at Circuit City... no commission. They did a long, long time ago, but at least not when I started working there around 2005-2006. Not many people knew much about HDMI cables when I worked there... and that wasn't my department, so I didn't know much about 'em.

Best Buy employees work on commission though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar