Question.........do you buy a D or buy an O with your 40 mil or do you mix it up with

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

completely disagree............MLB and DT are above CB.........we can win with 32 21 and 39..............we cant with 59 90 94 99 .................

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

D is the way to go in FA. I'd go after Thomas, Allen and Clements. Thomas could take over at MLB for us while also filling in at other positions. Allen might resign with KC, but he's still worth going after. Finally, Clements is a solid vet CB which would be quite useful to us. Come draft time I'd go with BPA or an absolute stud playmaker on either O or D - depending on who we get in FA, where we pick and who's gone.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

and conversely, just because he is 39 or 40 does not mean he cant play well....................bottom line he is signed cheaply for three yrs.............right now we dont need to get somebody to play for him..............we have bigger needs elswhere.............and we have Amano backing him up.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You would have more of a point if the OL in 2004 was drastically better than the one we have now. Hopkins, Bell (rookie), Hartwig (converted to OC), Olsen and Miller. So if Bell isn't good enough to play OG now then why was he in 2004 when our running game was darn good and puny Volek was lighting it up. Is Mawae as good as Hartwig was in 2004? Olsen might have lost some so I agree with maybe replacing him. IMO our OTs are as good run blocking now as before however Miller was not given his due while he was here but Hopkins sure wasn't a road grader.
    Just to make the point further how about the Bronco's. They have a very good scheme running the ball and it seems whoever is their RB has room. Who is their OC?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i know shannahan calls the plays, but i think heimerdinger is the OC...

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Dinger puts in the game plans and they script the first 25 plays. Shanahan decides who goes in to run those plays. Their zone scheme has been there over ten yrs now so the system is the same. The titans run system has been changed three times in the last ten yrs due to coordinator changes. The broncos kept the same system regardless of who was the OC. Their is a difference and it shows. They also draft different OL than anyone else in the league to meet their schemes needs................we still have some road graders when our O has not had a road grading RB since 2001. That is all on the HC and staff.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

What about Jevon Kearse...?

Trent Cole got a new deal up in Philly, both him & howard are signed long-term to be in the DE's on that defense.

I think its a good possibility that Jevon will get cut/traded this offseason

any chance of him coming back to nashville?

8. After Jevon's knee surgery, he may never even play again...

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Actually, they came out a couple weeks later and said it wasn't nearly as serious as they originally thought. Had they not already IR'ed him, Jevon might have been available for the playoffs this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2606669

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well when talking about the offensive line scheme I believe credit has to be given to Alex Gibbs, who coincidently went to Falcons at the same time their offence started really clicking in the rushing department..... the 2 years before Gibbs went to Atlanta they averaged 4.5 yards per carry, in his years there they've averaged 5.1, 4.8, 5.8 (all league leading years)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar