Question on Cody Prewitt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I really like this kid.

He can be an absolute mirror to TP43... (And would love to see him alongside Griff... Or maybe even an attractive shift to ILB??.....)

I was just wondering, does anyone know if we were the only team that offered him, and if not - who else did he turn down?... (UFA)

Just trying to gather some more info about him as I keep tabs.

#1 Broken Arrow, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The book on Pruit is that he is purely a deep guy who is rigid and not great in space. Bad combination to have. And do do not see that translating to ILB. I think if he shows something and is good on special teams he could make it.

Also, cannot trust anyone named Cody. :troll:

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

PK mentioned one day that he didn't understand the praise this guy is getting from fans that always ask about him. Obviously he's not showing anything spectacular.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Especially when youre on the other team

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Is TP43 Troy Polamalu?

There is no chance Prewitt could ever be that good. He would've been drafted if that were the case.

I honestly don't know what to expect from him... We need the depth, so he has a good shot.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No one should be asked to be TP43 2.0, that was a once in a lifetime talent we were all fortunate enough to see

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

HF for clearing up for TP43 is.

And yeah, Prewitt is closer to Griff than he is Polamalu. Polamalu was an in-th-box SS where was Prewitt was almost never in the box at Ole Miss.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

UDFA compres to TP...People need to think before they hype.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Bri

Bri Camp Fodder

He's a free safety. SkiptomyLou was a strong safety.
    He was quoted as saying he received many calls and I would imagine all 32 teams had him on the board as someone to call. Idk if they did, but former all-american who was graded well at the senior bowl is as favorable as it gets for a non-guaranteed camp invite type contract.
    Prewitt was an all-american in 2013. He was a top 25 athlete coming out of high school(all sports combined) so the guy is extremely athletic. He's pretty odd because he does well in track but doesn't really test well as far as combine type stuff. There's been plenty of people like that over the years.
    His critics are numerous-like Tebow almost, people "come out of the woodwork" to criticize this guy. It's so many and they lay it on so thick where I'm not sure how to take them. Can't cover, isn't fast enough, slow hips, poor reaction on top of closing speed...yeah I'm gonna guess he didn't display that when he was an all-american. I'm not sure what's factual here or a fair critique. One of my favorites was a highly reputable site referred to him as the best doubling safety one sentence after stating that he can't cover well enough for the NFL.
    He's on "big hitter" lists and I always like that in a safety. The Titans had zero or negative intimidation last year on D, more like a welcome mat, so I think a big hitter would be nice.
    Out with one former Buffalo Safety, in with a new former Buffalo Safety was odd but if this trend continues their next Safety could be named Rambo. Bacarri Rambo, SS, Buffalo Bills, NFL - CBSSports.com
    I don't think Stafford is very good. Apparently after Prewitt's signing, Stafford has showed up in great shape and playing his heart out so that won't be an easy camp battle for Prewitt to win anymore.
    The Titans and Lebeau with the Steelers have traditionally wanted their backup Safeties to be able to play both spots. Prewitt won't make the team if he can't cover well. Assuming he can, they have terrible CB depth and he could be more valuable during the season that it'll appear this summer.
    During OTAs, Huff played CB a bunch. "Bleeding" wasn't practicing and their UDFA CBs seem quite unspecial.
    I would guess Prewitt beats out Stafford and barely plays in 2015.
    Searcy is following a 20-25 year line of awesome safeties to play for Lebeau. Remember Lake and Woodson before Polamalu? If he isn't the gem they hope he is, the Titans will probably make a huge effort to land a big time Safety next offseason. Prewitt is probably someone that intrigued Lebeau

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar