Question: Why do Titans fans dislike McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DJB, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Some would say giving your all when injured is giving 110%:yes:

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Si.

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

My problem with mac is as follows. Unlike a lot of Titans fans who are more MAC fans than team fans. I'm a fan of the TEAM not a player. Steve went to the ravens the worst possible team for a Titan fan. I've followed the Mac situation closely. I truly beleive Steve and his agent ochestrated the whole thing. I also beleive that it is possible they had it planned up to 2 years in advance. I've given evidence that supports this idea in several post hear on the forum and don't wish to go into it again. If you want to know do a search.
    It's pretty simple really STEVE'S A RAVEN AND NO SELF RESPECTING TITAN FAN CAN CHEER FOR A RAVEN. PERIOD!

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I dislike anyone that plays for the dreaded ratbirds, sqeelers and faders. Bus Cook more than "he who shall go unnamed" set the thing up and the nashville media was more than eager to play along. And btw for those that say he wasn't likely to be injured during practice had not been paying attention during his career. I suspect that one of the reasons that the Titan recieving corps has always been underachievers is that the qb didn't practice with them during the week a great deal of the time.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ditto that.

6. MacNine

MacNine Starter

To be honest, we have fans that have not liked McNair since the Oilers moved to Tennessee. Many simply tolerated him when the Titans were winning. As his skills started to decline, they simply came out of the closet.

I could go on and on about fans booing him when he was injured, wanting him to be replace by NOD, wanting him to be replace by Volek.

I don't know if it is the southern drawl, the frat symbol or his low Wonderlic score, some have never liked the guy. I found it interesting in one of the threads, the poster said he didn't cheer for McNair when he was here. Go figure.
    :hmm:

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I loved McNair, eversince i was a Titans fan, do we really hate McNair???

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Loved Mc9 as a Titan. Don't care for the ravens quarterback.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Loved Steve McNair, hate Darth Nine

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

If he had actually worked out and stayed in shape he may not have been hurt near as much. A QB limping around the field is not impressive, nor effective. In many games those "last minute heroics" were just cleaning up a mess he made with a fumble or interception. We would have never been in the SB if not for the MCM. He passed for 69 yards against Buffalo. With the money he was paid, I felt it his responsibility to lead the team and stay in top physical shape. Since Fisher was his man, he could do no wrong, and miss practices all week, and just say the word and start, yet Fisher preaches on how important it is to have good practices. Other players saw him getting by with this, and don't think it didn't cause a riff. He was stopped for a DUI and had a gun in his possession, not exactly a role model. I admit there were some games he peformed well in and earned his money, but overall his career here was less than should be expected with the talent we had. I posted before the game that McNair is predictable, and throws picks over the middle right. Where did our two picks come from? Bulluck should have had another one. Face it, he never was the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar