Questionable character players-my take on it.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nickmsmith, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

it doesn't work that way. It's considered " No victim, No crime " if a victim of a "midermeanor" battery doesn't want to press charges ( if it didn't take place infront of a Police Officer )... then theres no arrest or citation... regardless if theres a video.

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

If I were to do just onething that Jones did... or anything close to it... I'd be fired in a second. Whether Jones likes it or not... he's held to a higher-standard because of the position he holds. If he doesn't like it, give back the Million(s) of dollars, quit the NFL and go to a 9-5 job.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

isn't that the truth...companies are cracking down on people even when they are off the clock nowadays. They say it gives the company a bad name. I mean look a what a cigar did to Clinton :brow:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I know the Gap sold alot of blue dresses that year.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lmmfao @ Sec 330's skit with his kid. Talk about going to ridiculous extremes. How about you simply say "Yes. He's very fast." THE END. I suppose that'd be too normal of a conversation.
    If you're scared your kid will follow in the footsteps of a total stranger. You're a crappy role model yourself. Pretty simple.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

easy fella. I'm new at this daddy thing. I'm not gonna be like Pacman and declare myself a veteran prior to the start of year two. Fatherhood is looking like it's a dance you learn as you go so I hope to learn plenty along the way... it's just so damn easy to sit back and wish this guy would just go out and do his job. Pacman doesn't need to talk **** at the fans to silence their criticisms. He can put up the game breaking plays... I've hardly got anything but encouragement for the boy... as pointless as it is I just WISH he wasn't that particular brand of idiot when it comes down to looking out for #1. It's just as SIMPLE as my desire not to hear about Tennessee Titans getting arrested all the freaking time. Nine incidents inside 2 years plus a draft holdout... I mean damn, that's alot to ask of the fans. Imagine if you got wrote up by a cop on a different traffic citation every ninety days... don't you think that judge might get a little sick of seeing your face in his courtroom? I just like seeing football players maintain a good image. It's a lesson every boy could take from Donovan McNabb... even if he is a Momma's boy.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Really? What kind of job do you have? If I had done everything that Pacman had done not only would I still be in my job, it's very likely my boss wouldn't even know about it (see I'm not famous, so I don't get to be in the papers).

I also find it interesting how you (that would be the Americans in general) hold the NFL or NBA players to a higher standard than others. How many "criminals" do you not see in the music and movie industry (imo, potentially much bigger rolemodels than athletes) yet there's no demand for them to lose their job and never be allowed to perform again.

I haven't heard anyone say Snoop Dogg shouldn't be allowed to make music or Mel Gibson not make movies. Why should athletes be different?

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Same here. I could be in the same situations and nobody would know at my job.
    Sec 330 - I'm a 24 yr old father of 2. It's not a hard job, but I'm liberal when it comes to raising them. My son (5 yrs old) can play violent video games, watch violent tv, etc. He understands what it is because he's parented, so it doesn't affect him.
    Kids are smarter than most of us think. And me myself growing up looking up to athletes, I understand that we look up to their performances on the field. Not off. I was a huge Mike Tyson fan, but I didn't start hitting women, didn't ever want to bite an ear, fight constantlt etc. I understood it was wrong. I was a Michael Jordan worshipper, but I didn't want to go gambling when I heard he had a problem doing it.

No kid looks up to an athlete and decides to live like them off the field. Off the field, they'd never look up to them anyway. It's what they see on the field that they want to live. Good luck with parenting, just don't buy in to everyone that'll try to convince you that it's such a tough thing. It's as easy as you make it.

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The guy whom you are talking about works (I'm only guessing) for the government as I do. If he doesn't, I apologize, but I do personally work for the government. And yes, they will find out. They know how many parking tickets I have. They know my neighbors. Withholding information from them causes more problems than coming right out and telling them.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

And as far as bragging rights go, I too am a father of a 3 year old and a 7 year old, both daughters, and I am 50 years old. These are MY children, not grandchildren as some might think. I didn't get married until I was 40 and I married a woman 15 years younger than me.
    Bi-Polar, it isn't that hard. You form a bond early and you keep making the bond tighter. I thought I would really suck as a Dad but as it turns out, I'm very good at it. Having these babies at such a late age has really goofed up my retirement plans, but................

Riverman and myself got into it a couple days ago about these players being role models. It looked like the argument could have gotten ugly, but as it turns out, we were both talking about the same thing, but in different languages. The players become role models whether they like it or not. It is up to us fantastic Dads to sort out the good ones from the bad ones and explain why we did it. I have little girls. I won't have any problems with them idealizing pro football players. I am having problems getting her to stop idealizing a cartoon character called Kim Possible! She has been Kung-Fuing her little sister to the point that we made her quit watching that TV show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar