Questionable character players-my take on it.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nickmsmith, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

you're still a kid :ha:

I have 2 kids and one is older than you. Both are still kids to me and will always be kids...lol

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Doesn't make much difference. Look at Congress. Only 535 positions and:
    29 have been accused of spousal abuse
    7 have been arrested for fraud
    19 have been accused of writing bad checks
    117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at leased 2 businesses
    3 have done time for assault
    71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
    14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
    8 have been arrested for shoplifting
    21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
    84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Politicians break more laws than NFL'ers, and people vote for them. Go figure.

3. Deuce Wayne

Actually 6 years ago, I was classified as an adult. But yes, I'm young. 30 is old, and the gap grows smaller every day. :(

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that thought process will change as you get older:yes:

5. Deuce Wayne

I know it will. But for now I can say it.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'm nearly 30 and played the marriage game when i was younger (25).. it just didn't work out for me. I guess i got married before i was supposed to, and i just wasen't prepared. I had just started working and was temporarily relocated to Lexington KY whereas my wife was still going through her final year of college in Nashville. I already had some old college buddies in Lex and none were married, so i went back to my college habits of bar hopping and clubbing with my buddies and that led me to realize that i really do miss that lifestyle and started having doubts on whether i was really prepared for the married life.. That basically sparked the divorce.

I really do want to get married again and I do feel prepared to take that step financially since i do have an excellent paying senior mgt excellent job, however i'd rather wait for another 4 or 5 years since i really don't think i'm ready to settle down now, and still do enjoy a little partying every once in a while..

or...that might just be the booze talking.. :grrhee:

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They say a second marriage is the triumph of hope over reality.

...JK...I got lucky with my first. Been married 17 years, 4 children. The right one is out there PitBull- you'll know when it's the right time.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Totally out of line. You don't know me like that.:irked:

Yep, it took me until college to realize that not everyone is born lucky. I grew up in an upper middle class family. As a child, I played with people with similar backgrounds and that's who I spent my formative years with. College is an opportunity to learn and grow and I chose to step outside of my world and interact with people from different financial backgrounds. Mostly because I wanted to connect with my African American side.

Your son talking about Titan's games and players is an opportunity to form his values for adulthood. Not everyone who is in the public eye and a celebrity makes good choices. Children shouldn't use celebrities as a moral compass, that's what parents are for!:rolleyes:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's all good. you know i just live to see you lay this smilie--> :irked: down. Honestly. I just like Pac for Pac. I love what he does on the field. That's why I root for him. The way things are and the way you would like things to be are not always going to be the same. I'm creative enough to weave moral lessons from pretty much anything and I look forward to long talks in the car during the autum and winter months months in upcoming years. If anything at the very least I feel sorry for the admiration that Pacman is missing out on. I hate hearing about him in trouble. I want better than that for him and the Titans both.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Whatever, I still don't take kindly to being called a jock chaser. That's total bullfeces. I don't call you names.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar