Questions and answers...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I thought LT should have rotated to Pac's guy. Well, even if the play wasn't designed like that, LT should have recognized it and try to cover for him.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

from what I understand (if it is the same play) he had perfect coverage just didn't see the ball.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, I was screaming, "Stick your hand up!"

4. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

he was pissed about it but he was told his fumble was not the main reason..............he became tentative on the next two punts and Fisher made the call to pull him which was one of his only good coaching decisions this season.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

exactly how I said it happened last night...............right here on this site..............some of these posters here just cant face the fact their thug CB is a mistake.........they like to shoot the poster and say its because I dont like the guy................I always call them the way I see them................good or bad......................and he will explode totally soon.............he has no character so when the pressure mounts he wont know how to handle it ...................he will do what they do in the street react with emotion and blow up....................

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

oh so he's a bust because of one blown coverage- man truly the hate for Pacman from a lot people is wierd sometimes...

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Come on...

No one's 'hating' Pac for one play...but the guy gets arrested seemingly once a month and I haven't seen HIM shut down anyone.

Compared to Hill he's an All Pro...but so are a lot of the better CB's....that doesn't make you great.

The point is 3 fold. First, Bongo is going past just this game as I did when suggesting we should try to trade him for equal value. The LIKELY result is that he'll be a good CB 'til he ends up in jail after which the response will be...who could have known?

Second, the guy is no Deion (who is these days)...so why spend so much money on him...especially when we're running primarily a zone D. I can think of exactly 1 Pro Bowl CB who plays for a predominantly zone D. Those aren't good odds that Pac will be the second.

And lastly, he costs a ton of money and even if he plays well, is he worth that kind of jack covering grass? I don't think so....especially when he's likely to get suspended and miss more games with his off-field behavior!

No one is killing Pac for one blown coverage. In fact, wasn't there a similar mixup vs Jags with Woolfolk, Hope and motion?

And I tend to believe the Secondary coaches assessment of who blew the play over Buerlein.

Gut

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Smite thee :grrhee:

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hey...

I uh...wasn't...uh...talking about the 'GREAT' one Gunny. It was a different 'Hill.' Don't worry. I'm sure this is all a game and he's lulling offenses into a false sense of security!

Gut

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jesus was resurrected so shall Reynaldo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar