Questions and answers...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree that Pacman is a thug and there is a possibility because of his off field issues he may end up being a big mistake. However, that has little to do with his on field play. Either he missed the coverage or he didn't. Fisher was right to pull him from the punt team because the kciker was kicking knuckle balls and he was having a hard time with them.

This game was the 9th game of the season + 4 pre-season games + the weeks before pre-season. The basic set of players at LB and DB have not changed in all that time. We should all expect our secondary to be able to execute the defense without constantly seeing players out of postion. This stuf simply is not that hard. Either the Titans are not prepared and coached well or we happen to have a bunch of morons on the team. Considering Pacman isn't the only one that is getting out of position IMO we seem to have a severe coaching problem. Heck, I think I could coach better than that. Those kind of mistakes are ridiculous but when they happen over and over again the problem goes beyond a few players IMO.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We should petition other teams not to use motion against us. Obviously it's a new concept and we can't grasp it. It is rather pathetic to see this team make the SAME mistakes week in and week out. Do they even look at tape? What do they do during the week? This isn't high school or college where football is a part time thing. These guys are getting paid millions to execute plays to make a living.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Exactly!!!

EXACTLY!!!

Gut

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

For consideration...

Ever wonder why HIGH SCHOOL players can execute these types of switch-offs...or college players? Because they are MOTIVATED to get it right (know their responsibility). There is accountability. If you don't know what you're doing on defense when a guy goes in motion, you don't play.

It's called accountability and the Titans don't seem to have any. The strange thing is...Bulluck misses a tackle (not even his guy) and he stands there and says...I blew the tackle and I'm kicking myself for it. Have were heard LT say I blew that play and I blew that play and I blew that play? How come Pac or whomever doesn't come out and say...that wasn't such and such's fault, it was mine. These guys don't take any responsibility for their play on the field and the coaching staff seems to approach this as we'll fix it after going over the tape. Well, it's not working if the same mistakes are being repeated and repeated and repeated!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar