Quinton Spain Drugged and Robbed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I agree with you, but I wouldn't go too far out on a limb for the intelligence of a guy that allowed himself to be drugged and robbed of 100k worth of anything.

Just my opinion. It's possible he has some very successful business ventures and is living well within his means. It's more likely he will be managing a car wash in 10 years. Just going off of the one life event I have on the guy.

2. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

Most people could never understand this because they think the world revolves around them & every "sane" person has their ideals.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

he went to West Virginia, how intelligent do you guys really think he is?

come the **** on.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

man, feel a bit bad for him. still thats a ****ton of jewelry he had on him

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No worries. He can just buy some more!

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Honestly don't care what they spend their money on but I think this does cross over into smart decision making. How many previous Titans have had an incident comparable to this, then followed it up with 2, 3, 4 more?

This could be a totally isolated incident so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me. If another "weird incident" pops up, this guy may just turn into another suspension waiting to happen.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

These kids (I say kids because basically that's what they are in their early 20's) are given tons of money, women, and a key to the city...Then people expect them to be amazing business minds. Now I'll admit, I'm usually they one cracking on them telling everyone that they are idiots for blowing money on material bs. That said, first thing they should do with that big contract loot...Hire a smart financial advisor etc.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I recall zero Titans getting drugged and robbed, then getting suspended over multiple incidents.

9. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

I'm old friends with Joel Corry, who blogs for CBS Sports and is one of the leading experts on NFL player salaries and contracts. He's a frequent guest on sports talk radio stations nationwide and occasionally appears on 104.5 The Zone. He also grew up here in Nashville but now makes Vegas his home. But in his earlier life he was a sports agent and back in those days I asked him this, with his answer paraphrased:

Me: "What's the hardest part of your job?"

Joel: "The hardest part of my job is convincing my clients to keep their money and not spend it on stupid stuff. They don't need the million dollar house, or the six figure car or the jewelry. But most often the players just don't listen."

Of course if you know Joel, you know he probably has every dollar he's ever made stashed away somewhere earning interest. But he's right on this regard and always spoke to his clients about their money choices, often to no avail. Being obvious with your money like Spain did makes you a target and often you don't see it coming from someone who you don't think can harm you. Hopefully he has insurance and but regardless, it's a painful, embarrassing lesson.

10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Just keep ballin on that O-line and be smarter about the situations you put yourself in off the field. Hopefully lesson learned .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar