Quotes on Vincent Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jcdenton, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

hmmm

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I guess my point is why come to a Titans board if you are only a Vince Young fan? If he doesn't show any promise in the next four years or so, you'll have to go through the process again with another board.

3. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Yeah, I see your point, 2008.

I was born and bred a Texas Longhorn fan and I've been a Texas Longhorn fan through good years and miserable years and I'll be a Texas Longhorn fan come hell or high water. And, as a longtime Texas fan, I'd be quite amused if some former Texas A&M or LSU fan told me that he was becoming a Texas fan because Texas had just recruited some blue chip whose high school career he had followed.

So yeah... I don't expect to be taken seriously as a Titans fan. You guys have been Titan fans through the ups and downs and you're the real fans.

I'm not trying to be you, nor am I trying to pretend that I'm suddenly equal to you as a Titans fan or that I’ll ever be as dyed in the wool loyal as you are.

I totally respect you guys for what you are and I'm okay with knowing that none of you can probably ever take a guy like me seriously.

But you know what - the NFL, unlike college football team, is a business and it's one that's only as loyal to its coaches, players and fans as long as it can use them. So, enjoy it while you can before they screw you.

As for me, I’m going to enjoy following Vince Young’s career because – as you will soon find out – he is really something special.

So, I’ll try to be a good neighbor to you, but you've got to realize that Vince Young carries with him a legion of loyal fans who will forever be indebted to him and completely awe-struck by him, so if that’s bothersome to any of you, well then, I guess we've just ruined your neighborhood.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

dang, we got some new members out the wazoo. welcome all.

5. Hooky Hornstein

Thanks, amigo!

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'm glad you're excited about the Titans for whatever reason, I was just curious why you would become a fan of a team because of one player. I'm a fan of many ex-Tennessee players even if I don't root for their NFL teams.

7. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

So are you just trying to prove the truism that bandwaggon fans attached to a player are not true fans of the team? I don't need a 50 on a wonderlic test to figure that out. Frankly, a 16 or a 6 would suffice ;)

Several of the people joining to support VY are un-committted to an NFL team and will be glad to spend $$$ to help your team. Seems like a 100% good thing (maybe unless you'd rather their be cheap seats available on Sunday's). So why is this upsetting?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I thought your post was real good man, and when you are able to take an even handed tone people can't help but take you seriously, so don't worry about that. 60% of the Indianapolis fanbase is made up of UTK fans. Trust me. I know. I live in freakin' PEYTONville. Welcome aboard. Our bandwagon cleared out a few years ago so theres always room for another opinion. Besides, you've just caught the Titans virus, and it's a lifelong...

9. Hooky Hornstein

Well, with the likes of Heath Shuler and Choker-boy Manning, I can understand that. :ha:

Heh! Just kidding.

But don’t think for a minute that I give a flip doodle about other Texas exes like Cedric Benson or Chris Simms. Yeah, I hope they do well, but really, I couldn’t care less.

But here’s the thing: Vince Young is really something special. I think you’ll find that out.

Words can’t explain it. I’d feel silly trying. But I’m totally confident that someday you’ll all understand.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

It's the Vince Young Movement. Powerful stuff man.:brow:

btw- Does Mary Jane Travis Henry count? :ha:

Vince Young is a very special player.:winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar