Quotes on Vincent Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jcdenton, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

there is only one Football God here people. And we all know it isn't Vince Young.

But I (strangely) agree with Ewker, a lot of people here have Vince Young down as some untouchable, unstoppable and unbeatable player.

As good as Vince Young can be, there are a lot of questions mark with him and he is just as likely to flop as he is to succeed.

Painting him up on the Sistine Chapel is a bit premature.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

strangely agree...not sure how to take that:lol:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well mostly I don't agree with you, so it is strange to actually agree for once. :brow:

4. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Alas, impugning my credibility does precisely nothing to refute the point. You have no evidence that what I say is incorrect. I, on the other hand, have a mountain of evidence to support what I say, having watched every single game he played in college.

Surely if i am full of ****, you can find one, single instance of Vince getting laid out. I mean, come one. One. :ha:

5. but the problem with that is, he cant hahaha

6. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

As much as I like Young we all have to admit that this is not college anymore and we have seen plenty of supposed great players flop in the NFL. Now I don't think he will flop but it is still a possibility.

7. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

Blindsided, huh?

Yeah, I’ve seen that a hundred times. A right-handed quarterback drops back, looking right and never sees the defensive end or safety blitz flying in from his left.

But you know what, Titans2008 and Ewker, sacks are going to happen whether you have a “running” quarterback or not. Now I know you fellows may have your agendas or your axes to grind, but I tend to think both of you are bright, intelligent human beings.

So please, just stop and think about it for a minute.

Exactly who is more likely to get blindsided? Your classic drop back passer or a much more mobile quarterback? Hmmm….

In case you’re wondering, here’s something to chew on: over the last three seasons, Matt Leinart was sacked 56 times, Jay Cutler was sacked 57 times and Vince Young was sacked only 31 times.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Are you serious ?

9. lowery21

lowery21 Guest

Also Jay lost more games in September than Vince lost his entire career.

10. So what? Vince would have lost a lot of games had he gone to Vandy, too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar