Post-Game Thread Raiders 17, Titans 10

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Other than a forced throw and a desperate attempt to get a first down which resulted in a fumble, he did what he needed to do to get into position to at least tie the game.

The turnovers have to stop, but honestly I don't put that interception at the half on Mariota, but the playcalling.

And I do put a lot of stock in the fact that the titans don't have quality receivers. Once Mariota gets the players he needs and more experience, he is going to shread defenses.

This draft wasn't designed to fix everything wrong with the titans.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I can only hope so, but I just don't see him, or should I say "them" firing these clowns after 1 season.

The lame excuse will be that they need more than a year to gel.

This is why the hiring of Mularkey just didn't make any sense at all. We should've just cleaned house and started over. This will definitely stunt Mariota's growth.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Good news guys! We didn't lose because of RG play today!

4. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

If you think that what mike mularkey and terry robiskie have done this year so far is going to get them fired, you are going to be really depressed. The titans have had a lot of positives so far. I know it is the end of the world when the titans lose, but you can't expect that they are going to win consistently yet.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

"Other than a forced throw and a desperate attempt to get a first down which resulted in a fumble".

Jesus Christ dude, you sound like an apologetic maniac.

You forgot to mention that the wind was 1 MPH too..

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

He's (Marcus) struggling. I'm just glad he's healthy. If they can keep him healthy and limit the amount of hits between now and the next coaching hire. You can still turn him into something.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I didn't see a lot of open guys today from the stands but it's not like they are asking him to make a lot of downfield throws either. He needs to be more precise.

Just eliminating half of the turnovers he's made in these two losses and I think the Titans win, at least, one of these games.

Watching Wentz now and he's more precise than Mariota.

8. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Mularkey is well liked by the team, just get rid of Robiskie asap. He's the problem and worse than jason michaels

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Logging off for a few days to avoid all the hot takes but just want to leave everyone with a few points to ponder.

This was definitely one of the more frustrating games I've watched in a while. For us to be an exotic smashmouth offense we sure did abandon the run game randomly throughout the day despite having success. I question this even more considering Walker and Wright were out.

Mariota hasn't progressed like we all hoped so far this season but I'm not going to throw him under the bus yet. Let's be real here. Yes, the fumbling problem is an issue but the overall talent on this team is still bottom 5 in the NFL. It doesn't help when you have a bottom 5 head coach as well. Talent can mask bad coaching and good coaching can mask lesser talent. When you're bottom 5 in both? Yikes.

All that being said, we're further ahead as a team than I thought. We held the Raiders to 17 points. We kinda kept the Lions in check thanks to a couple calls. We barely lost to a now 3-0 team. Despite everything, we could easily be 3-0 if it wasn't for turnovers week 1 and the Lewan hit today. Changing just 2 plays this season and we go from hot take threads to 3-13 to potential playoffs threads.

We have the Texans next Sunday. Win that game and we're tied for 1st in the division. Very winnable game next weekend.

Mariota has to protect the ball. We need Walker and Wright back healthy to actually give the offense some weapons. Keep pounding the ball with Murray and Henry. Defense has looked solid so far but tackling needs to get cleaned up and Raiders were dumb for not going after Cox more. One of the few teams over the past year to get a sack and other pressures on Carr.

This feeling sucks. I'm tired of being the joke of the NFL (or would be if people remembered we existed instead of the Browns). I want to see Titans fans in the stadium and not opposing fans. I want to see highlight plays and to actually have players to be proud of. This change won't be an overnight deal. I believe Robinson is going to build this franchise back up but it's going to be a while.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

and you sound like a teenager, overreacting to getting a girls phone number. look at the progress, not the wins and loses - because that's what matters

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar