Post-Game Thread Raiders 26, Titans 16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It could've easily been a lot worse. Cooper had some terrible drops/mental lapses he typically doesn't have.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Not sure. He's making that easy money.

Can't spot him on a FB run or nice block for the RB.

At least Ahmard Hall did his job.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not saying the team wasn't trying. But I don't see anything that resembles the hard-nosed style of football that we've been told is supposed to be the mindset of this team. Where's the swagger? Screw me for having some expectations after drinking the kool aid.

But, hey, the stats say the game was close so I guess that softens a 10-point loss at home, eh?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It's like you guys didn't watch a single minute of Preseason.

It matters.

Don't believe the hype, believe your eyes.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I mean, yes? Unless you were really expecting us to go undefeated at home on our way to a SB run.

I was expecting us to beat the teams we are better than, and go to the playoffs. I'm still expecting that.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Right. I had to laugh when everyone was all "We're holding back because preseason". Well yeah. Every team holds back to an extent. But we were straight trash.

This game didn't feel as close as the final score would indicate to me. For the most part they were moving the ball at will against us. And our run games appears to have taken a big step back.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I expected us to take the next step and that means going down to the wire against good teams at home.

Here's some stats that I think tell the story:
    DeMarco Murray and Derrick Henry combined for just 69 yards on 18 carries.

The Titans converted two third-down conversions in the second half.

Decker had 10 yards receiving.

Carr had a 114.3 passer rating.

The Titans ran 41 pass plays to 21 rushes.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Defense didn't get killed, I liked what I saw from them overall. Offense had some nice drives. I am very very disappointed in Marcus, he still doesn't get it. He showed no sense of urgency in the 4th quarter. I hate the punting possessions where his attitude is "we'll get em on the next drive" when we're down by 3. You CANNOT be passive against a team like Oakland, you can't count on our D to bail us out.

No killer instinct, I was so stoked at kickoff but that 4th quarter I had the same old feeling that we just aren't gonna do enough to come back and win, which we didn't. Marcus didn't want to win this game enough to put the team on his shoulders/legs, that s**t is UNACCEPTABLE. He needs to grow a pair!

And I say this as his biggest fan, nut the F**k up Marcus! You are the man, act like it!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah he had opportunities..He needs to make that leap...and ya know what? When it's a damn 6 pt game and you need a TD to shift momentum...AUDIBLE out of that bs run/pitch play. Be a captain...

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

But TJ, the Mularkey haters will tell you that we don't let Mariflota wing it enough.

Another problem is we can't seem to get any pressure without sending 7-8 guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar