Raiders @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

I'll second all of these thoughts/opinions right here and now. VY still has not learned how to plant his feet when throwing the ball.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What a shame it will be if we get bogged down in the playoffs again because of our passing game.

Every other element of this team is solid. Our defense is probably the best since 2000. Our defensive depth the best in years. Our o-line and RBs are all getting it done our running game looks great. And here we have a veg QB and a bunch of veg Wrs.

V 8

[​IMG]

VY
    Collins
    Gage
    Jones
    Chris davis 1
    Chris davis 2
    PAUL WILLIAMS!
    Roydell williams(For not playing)

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If we are going to play Raider90210s game

McFadden 5 - 16
    1 - 28 on a soft defense.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree. This team looks like a team that can make a deep playoff push, except they cant throw the ball. There is no way we can make a playoff push with a passing game that is inept as it looks so far.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the Vince thing, just yet.

While there's no doubt that he's still growing as a quarterback, let's also keep in mind that he's also working with a new OC.

Give it time. It'll get better.

And, until then we'll have to lean a bit more on the running game.

6. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Only saw last quarter, but reading results and listening to reports I grant the title of "baron" and all inherent rights and privileges to:
    C. Johnson
    M. Cole
    L. Hawkins
    B. Ealy
    I. Martin
    J. Vaughn
    for their excellence in the showdown with the plunderers!

These young players proved their worthiness on the field of battle. Where o where are our champions of yesteryear?

Let all pay heed, Thundering Titans Tanked the Thieves, let all beware!!! Especially those tweedy birds!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

CJ had a couple of nice runs out of the box but did little after and he couldn't catch the ball. Dropped a perfect flare pass, bailed out on a screen. Dropped 2 more difficult to catch screens. Let a kickoff go right through him.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Wow. What a depressing "victory".

I guess Paul Williams is an ex-Titan... the guy just doesn't look like a football player out there.

I'm hoping VY's performance was an anomoloy... is Brett Favre still available :)) . I know they were never in the Favre sweepstakes, but other aspects of this team look so good and Young so damn bad that one wonders if the Titans should have been.

Len looked fat as ever, but there he was at game time picking up the yards. All the cat does is produce.

So Roll, I realize that CJ's performance wasn't exactly stellar, but after watching him for a couple of games, do you feel a little better about the pick?

With the way Petrowski (sp?) is playing one wonders if the Craig Stevens pick might have been best spent on something else. The rest of the 08 draft class looks pretty damn solid.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I wouldn't be too down on Young. I honestly didn't think he looked that bad until his last series. Collins got the yardage, thanks to Hawkins putting on some moves, but even Collins went 4-15. Something to think about. Until Hawkins took one to the house, I couldn't even tell that we had WR's out there.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Here's hoping Ealy can put it together the way he did in the fourth quarter, for the rest of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar