Raiders @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A Fightin'Titan, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Somehow I take little solace in the fact that Collins looked like crap too. I'm not expecting Young to magically turn into Dan Marino over one offseason, but personally I can't recall him ever looking worse than he did last night.

I'm not saying I've given up on Vince by any means, but it certainly was a little disconcering.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Both Young and Collins looked like crap because they're receivers gave them limited options. Collins would have actually looked much worse if it hadn't been for Hawkins and the moves he was making. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it's definitely not something to kick Young in the nuts over. He wasn't bouncing the ball off his own fingers. I will say though his deep ball is improving, it needs a lot of work, but the bottom line is that we need wide receivers to do what Hawkins did on a more consistent basis. Maybe Hawkins will be our answer. If you want to panic, be my guest. Oh noooeess!!! Where's the preseason panic button!?! Oh noooeess!!!

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

impressive GW drive i must say....led by our unheard of 3rd string qb martin...he was throwin some nice passes...darting some lazers with excellent timing for the two stop/turn catches...and over the middle too.

too early to say.... but could this be another mcnair vs volek beginning.....a little dayjavo if u will

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

No. Vince is our guy. Not friggin Ingle Martin playing against a bunch of guys who will be flipping burgers in 2 weeks.

5. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

We really need cj to start this season I think its pretty obvious we know who the better playmaking back is. I still like lendale but we need to use him in kind of the way the steelers used bettis on their trip to the sb.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Again we really need a #1 wr or maybe a real #2 and we would look better! Wr were as bad as any qb..........jmac and gage cannot get seperation and do not need to run go routes!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

I really wish we would trade a couple picks for Boldin

8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

I agree but the answer to our wr receiver problem is not and will not be with the draft. We have to get a big trade done or hope someone great falls into the free agency pool. Until then we'll still be talking about this and I think its going to happen soon I would say within the next year. Our FO has to be getting pressure from all sides to get someone who can be a playmaker at wr on this team.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I thought Collins was good, he just threw the ball to Paul Williams and Brandon Jones too much.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He threw the ball way to high the whole game. Paul had a couple passes that he couldn't catch. Same with BJ with that one pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar