Randall to Be in Safety Mix Next Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Reese said "I think his chances of coming in and contributing skyrocket in comparison (to a newcomer)." Certainly I'm not saying Randall will not be or could not be a solid safety in the NFL. The only action he saw in 3 games was on special teams. We still have no idea how this guy will respond when he has to play the run, guard WRs or TEs or if he has any natural instincts. To say the guy could contribute more than a natural safety who has played at a big time college program for the last 4 years is ridiculous IMO. Randall might have a slight "mental edge" simply because he will already knows the schemes which should help in early in camp. Remember, LT has great athletic ability and he absolutely stinks so athletic ability alone is not enough.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

O.K., can we stop with the "L.T. stinks" mantra? Also, Randall practiced 4 times a week as a safety. He got safety reps on the scout team during the practice week.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

That's the best I could do for "Elf signal" :ha:

I think Marcus Randall could seriously challenge for a starting spot. I'd also look for a late round draft pick to be in the mix simular to the way THE GREAT ONE (that's Hill for you newcomers) took that starting corner job from Beckham. By the end of preseason Williams or Thompson will be on the waiver wire, but I believe that Thompson has got a contract, so that will be an issue. This may be the year that they give up on Tank. Which by the way is such a shame because he was such a high and promising pick...Can he recover more? Something has got to change. It can not continue like it has for another season...but Thompson at SS scares me.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Elf signal?

Uh, the Elf signal I had in mind was sort of like the Batman Signal. Now that's one Elf who definitely looks like she's got the "magic":brow:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Well, I was looking for one that looked sort of like the bat signal too but sometimes you have got to take what you can get with google. It was either that or this guy...

[​IMG]

Will Ferrell is already in my avatar so that would be a little egomaniacal, wouldn't it? That and perhaps a little insulting in light of the fact that you are a girl and all. :winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar