Random Stat & Britt Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Considering the cap and all, as you should when talking future contracts, if Kenny Britt puts up insane numbers this coming season, he's back IMO.

We can unload Chris Johnson at that point (frees up $4M), unload Michael Griffin (frees up $2.6M), get rid of Eugene Amano's $4M/yr contract.

We can free up nearly $5M just letting Nate Washington go. Money is there if we need it.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

We wont get rid of CJ regardless of how much you might wish. We may try to restructure it however though if he doesnt perform up to par this year.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That would be fine by me. I wish with all my heart he'd live up to his $10M price tag.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

A) IDK why that did that.

B) NFL GM's need to think of the long term consequences of every roster decision. Us signing all these free agents mean we will need to be selective with who we give money to for the next few seasons.

C) http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/2014/ --Cap estimates for 2014
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/.../18/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-cap.aspx -- NFL cap estimates from the new CBA

D) There maybe if's there but all of that stuff is easily possible. Britt is gone next season unless he has 1,300+ yards which he will not

5. Finnebosch

And if he doesn't want to restructure he'll be gone. The fact we gave such a big contract to Shonn Greene should be a sign of how thin of a line Johnson is on.

6. TitansWillWin2

We are actually at 6.34 mil under the cap!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/49070/afc-south-salary-cap-report

7. TitansWillWin2

That'll be over with when you see how bad Greene is after about 4 or 5 games!

8. Finnebosch

9. Finnebosch

I personally don't care how Greene plays and it has no effect on Chris Johnson getting cut next season. My point is that you do not give a guy 10 million dollars because you have absolute faith in your starting running back.

10. Finnebosch

Personally, I'd be cool with cutting both and signing Chris Ivory next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar