Random thoughts ( defense)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurricaneTitans, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I would say it's safe to say that we are more talented this year than we have been in the rescent past. Defensively, anyway... So, I would expect to see a noticable difference in our D this year. If we don't then I hold Fisher totally resposible seeing how he's supposivley a defensive minded coach. Schwartz works for him and Fish has the final say when it comes to the D. Period...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha:

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Like I've said many times, keeping Schwartz around is going to be the demise of Fisher. I remember when we were all watching Tank his first couple of years and just glowing with how aggressive he was, and now all of a sudden Tank sucks? I believe it is a direct reflection of Schwartz and his inability to put his players in successful opportunities. Remember the crap DBs we used to have, but still managed to get by?? now we have some very promising young DBs and every game they are just hung out to dry by our genuis Schwartz. The only difference in guys like Nathan Vasher and Michael Waddell is that Waddell was hung out to dry while Lovie Smith made sure Vasher was protected and put him in opportunistic positions.

I hate Schwartz and it's no surprise we haven't seen any improvement or development from every defensive player drafted since he took over. I even believe that Schwartz has a lot to do with the underacheivement of Andre Woolfolk, there it is, I said it.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think our D has sucked due to talent more than anything else. I'm not sure I know what crap DB's we had in the past that helped up get by. We also had and awsone Dline an good CB's at the time. Compared to starting two rooks at Corner along with slow LB's and almost no help at safety. There is no way to compare last years team.... I've heard it all and don't really care. No one will ever convince me that we could've had any more than an average D last year at best, no matter who was coaching what. Does that mean we couln't have been better. NO! We certainly could've played much better and coaching certainly had something to do with it. It is my opinion that we were playing most games with less talent on our D and less play makers than most teams. That being said, this isn't a cry for Shwartz. If there isn't improvement this year he or someone needs to go.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no matter how much talent is on D it STILL don't cost nuthin' to be aggressive and finish plays and make tackles.

A Fish rots from the DC

6. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

So if Swartz is gone, Who is our new D-coordinator?

And I highly disagree with whats-his-name's comment on us having no talent last year on Defense, We had tremendous talent: Bulluck, Haynesworth, VANDEN BOSCH!, waddell could have been a good corner but was ruined by coaching, he was very fast, Thompson just needed a little work and could have been a premier Safety. You know we had some of the most talent in the league but just couldn't harness it.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would not go as far as you Spinnaker but I do agree.

The D lacks heart not talent.

8. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Two rookie corners, slow linebackers in a divsion where the top team passes. You make it work. Cut it any way you like it is a combination of lack of talent and poor coaching. By the way Fisher was a ST guy, not a great DB.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think i could give up over 26 points per game, give me the job!

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I would say that Dave McGinness would be the next Defense Co ordinator. Atleast from the current staff.

I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to signed away someone from another team, depending on if Fisher is around or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar