Randy Moss Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MsTitan, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

First I must say that I have read all the Team Vince vs Team Fisher threads and did not think that this comment belonged in any of the previous threads I analyze situations and like to get an understanding about why. Although I agree that Vince was totally handled this situation wrong I also realize that there is more to this story. Even though he was wrong I want to know WHY was he so upset and WHY does the team seem to agree with him. We have over 10 threads taliking about that so I will focus on the purpose of this one.

The coaching staff had to know that Moss and Britt "played the same position" before they signed Moss. They also had to know what the timetable was for Britts return. Moss played one or two games before Britt returned. Then he has been sidelined because he plays the same position and the can't both be used at the same time. My question is if you knew Britt was returning and Moss would not play why pay him millions of dollars to sit on the bench. Given Moss's history with QBs is it possible that Fisher was trying to sabotage Vince by getting a disgruntled receiver? It jut seems so odd to have him and not use him. Throw in the fact the whole saga started shortly after Moss arrived and the fact fact that Moss has been uncharacteristically quiet.

The only other explanation I can think of for signing Moss is to keep someone else from getting him but at that point 1/2 the league had passed on him.

2. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Just as a point of reference, the Ravens have Mason, Boldin, and Housh. They all are basically the same player but they find ways to get them on the field at the same time. It's really not a new concept.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't buy off on sabotage theories. I think Fish envisioned one thing and maybe it turned into something else w Moss so he moved on to Plan B which didn't include Moss. What that was, I don't know, but I think we can all agree that if a player doesn't fit Fisher's plan then he doesn't play them.

4. 24

24 Starter

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the only part of her thread that is believable is keeping some other team from getting Moss. Had the Colts passed on Moss? Can you imagine Manning throwing to Moss!!!

6. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

I don't recall what teams where behind us, but I think the Jags and Colts where.

This is just of my opinion, but the longer the season goes on, the more I think we just picked him up to keep another team in the AFC south from picking him up and using him against us.

If you want to be a real conspiracy theorist, you could argue that we picked up Moss so Fisher could say that Young is so bad that even having Moss won't help him. But seeing as how VY is out and Collins can't seem to connect with him when he is on the field, it just makes more sense to bench him to limit the arguments that we're just not a passing team.

But that's just a possibility and most likely not reality.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Moss is old, all there is to it.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Ya right.......a conspiracy that knowingly cost Uncle Bud $3.1 million. Uh Huh.....

You don'tthink Underwood, Reinfelt or Fisher called Bud first for his OK?

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Not too old to make the "NFL's best corner" look silly...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEA9qxSfcjk

Look, I'm not buying this conspiracy theory. But I don't buy that Moss is "too old" or simply "done" either. Even at his age the guy has serious skills. I honestly don't know what Fisher's motivation was for not playing Moss but there's nothing he or anyone else can say to convince me that he's not a much better option on any given passing play than old stone hands (Gage).

I just don't see how you justify playing #12 over #84.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He made Charles Woodson or Asomaghu look silly?

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar