Rank the Titans starting QBs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

McNair just wasn't that good. It's just unfortunate that him and Eddie are all we've had. Because ultimately, neither are even top 30 all time at their spot

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

If we never get better then McNair then well never see a super bowl

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not going blame Kerry Collins for the fact that the titans kept him around for a year or two longer than they should have. They should have known that 2008 would be about the last of the quality play we could get from him but VY was acting like a child and we had nobody else so we signed him to a 2 year deal.

Would have helped to have some better WRs here also a major weakness of those 2008 and 2009 teams.

Still to compare a QB who led us to a 12-3 record one year to a guy who was not even bench material is stupid. Why do discussions like this always gravitate to the stupid?

Clark Johannson was the third best QB in titans history! Why? Because he didn't ever exist and that's better the crap we had. Who thinks that way?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

McNair was a damn good player on a team with a lot of quality players. There is a reason why we went to 4 playoffs in 5 seasons but it is frustrating we never won it all.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I would have loved to see McNair and Young as Titans together. I think we would have seen a different Young in the end.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

probably true. Too bad McMVP wanted no part of that. Buss Cook engineered an ugly exit and McMVP got paid by the ratbirds for being Charlie checkdown a few seasons

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

What?

[​IMG]

those 2 were most certainly top 30 all time at their positions

you gonna tell me there's 30 QB's/RB's you'd take over McNair/George? I'd be interested in knowing who those people are.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

There are 23 QBs in the hall of fame.
    Plus ken Stabler and multiple snubs from years past. Plus Manning, Brady, Kurt Warner, Rodgers, Brees, (ugh....maybe even Favre) and questionably Rich Gannon who I would take over him. That's just from the past decade.

There was a lot of football played before McNair, and McNair was only top of the league (even shared that) for one season. There has been and will be a lot of football played since McNair.

McNair was not top 30, or he'd be in the HOF.

Eddie George was a good RB for a decent span. Not top 30 except for in our hearts.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's tons of HoF players who couldn't play in todays game, McNair is IMO by far better than at least 5 or 6 of those men in the HoF

get in a time machine and bring all those slow ass white guys back, see how good they do vs these machines like Revis and Watt, they couldn't cut it in this day in age. McNair would put Watt on his back in his prime. Same goes for Eddie.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Nobody plays in a vacuum. Everyone plays their sport in the parlance of their times.
    These HOF players were the top of their sport at their time.. that's all they could be. McNair was 2nd-20th best through all of his career but one year where he split #1. If you can't dominate the league for a number of years, I don't think top 30 all time status is in order.

he was a very efficient QB, top 20 in pass intercept %.

The only other thing he's top 20 statistically in is yards per rush and fumbles recovered.

If you don't
    1. Blow up the record books. (Marino)
    or
    2. Win a super bowl or 2 (most other hall QBs.)

It's hard to be regarded as one of the best ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar