Ranking the AFC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

IMG_5378.PNG

It's way too early but lets play process of elimination , excluding the South for now.

No Chance @ Playoffs :
    1 Jets
    2 Browns
    3 Bengals
    4 Chargers

The last 2 obviously still have an outside chance while those first 2 are in full blown rebuild mode.

Moving on to the South ...

5 Colts (if Luck doesn't make it back before week-6 you can almost count them out)
    6 Jaguars (Bortles is not a playoff QB)

Surprisingly out of those 2 teams I give the Jags a better hope to win the South.

Going back outside the division

7 Bills (simply because they haven't gone since 99 so prove it first - disfunctional on top of that)

So by my count that's roughly 7 teams that have an outside shot at making the playoffs.

The Contenders :

1 Patriots
    2 Raiders

Both are heavy favorites for the AFC Title Game

3 Denver
    4 Kansas City
    5 Pittsburgh

All 3 teams have looked solid and arnt going anywhere anytime soon

6 Baltimore
    7 Tennessee
    8 Miami
    9 Houston

These 4 are most likely clumped on the outside looking in but the Titans have the advantage out of these 3 simply because they don't have the Steelers or Patriots to leap frog - Houstons defense alone will keep them deep into the race as usual.

If you go by this model, it's win the division or bust.

The wild card teams look to be the AFC West - no one would be surprised if 3 teams come out of that division.

Anyone else have something completely different?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

gotta win the division regardless. Paper tiger if we don't.

3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Houston defense isn't as good as you think it is. They are staring 1- 7 to start the season square in the face. They have no WRs and their secondary and LB corps stink. Watt isn't even close to what he was. He has one move and gets thrown around quite a bit now. The Texans had their run. They didn't take advantage of the bad South and now they are about to have to do a complete rebuild. THe Texans will fight the Colts for the basement. Both bad managed teams.

4. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Houston will win 8 games, at least.

5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Not a chance. You obviously don't follow the team very closely.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Win the division and that's all the matters.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Wow! IDK

8. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Just beat the Colts period I don't care about anything else...

If We don't beat them we won't make it is that simple ...so I'm not gonna get my hopes up until I see it happening.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Ok we will check back in here at the end of the season and see how your hopes and dreams panned out against reality.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah I'm with that - regardless of winning the division because - duh we have to win it - let's see them beat the Colts for a change ... no Luck no more excuses ! They can't be that much in the Titans head!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar