RANT: game 11 edition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The last three weeks have been hard to watch. Remember just 3 weeks and one day ago we were 6-2, a dominate D, a run O that pounded people. Back then the only problems were our wr's, (still a problem, more on that later), and VY lack of progression. Now all the ugly that is this version of the Titans is shinning thru. Can one player make such a difference? I don't think so, it is something else, they seems to lack something, attitude it seems to me. The D, any D should if nothing else arrive with bad intent, ours seems soft, and set on "out smarting" the opponents.
    Our coaching seems just as bad, with seemingly no ability to alter the game plan, (which seemed to be to play off the corners at least 10 yards no matter the down and distance) and just assume that Palmer would throw 4 picks this week also.
    Now to the biggest problem, our beloved wr's corps. What was the deal with Gage and that bomb? Was he that stunned with the concept of a completed pass beyond 15 yards that his head began to swim? He was running and just seemed to fall out of bounds, no defender, no hit, just got off balance and run out of bounds. Several more drops, complete 360 spins to find the ball in the end zone, I mean watching our red zone O is like watching a 17 year old boy fumble with his prom dates bra. What is the answer? Sadly I don't think there is one that we will see this season. We need, in no particular order, a tall wr that can catch, a te that can catch, a dt, another de, a og, a 3rd down back, ect. It is a rather long list indeed, so for the rest of this season I just want to see which players want to be here next season. Can the Titans still make the playoffs? Maybe, but it looks like the jags will own at least the 5th seed, so that leaves us at the 7th position as of now. Cleveland is on a roll, but I don't see anyone (other than the Pats) going undefeated the rest of the way. What would be a good result for the rest of the year? I would be content with winning the rest of the home games which would put us at 9-7. That more than likely will not get it done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar