Rate the Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansWrath, Apr 28, 2012.

?
  1. A

8.0%
  2. B

44.3%
  3. C

29.5%
  4. D

8.0%
  5. F

10.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

To me, this year's draft is almost the opposite of last year. I knew McCarthy and Klug. They were "football players" that didn't have the best measurables. It seems like we passed on the "football players" this year.

I'm not saying that it will or won't be a great collection of players, it just seems like a different strategy.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

1. A - Remember our passing game when Britt went down?

2. B - Huge need filled. We have a LB that can cover a TE, and we face some damn good TE's next season.

3. B - Would like to have someone who has the chance to rush the passer, but him and Casey paired together on running plays should help a lot.

4. C - Just hope the front office gets their finny, or verner, or mcourty out of this guy. I dont know him, but we can hope

5. C - C, with the potential to be an A depending on how he develops. Could also end up an F. In the 5th round, you dont draft just any body to plug in and hope they can do well. You take the best athlete you can get in a position. We dont need another TE, but if he can be a recieving threat..... This guy, Cook, Washington, Britt, and our #1 lined up on the field? Thats a lot of skill to cover.

6-7 Dondt even want to pretend like i know anything about these guyss.

Right now I am looking at a B because i like the reasoning behind each pick.

3. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Are fans ever happy with their draft picks? I'll hold out on passing judgement until I see them in action.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I like what we did this year...last year we drafted players with more college production, and this year we complimented that by drafting more players with high upside and extreme athletic ability...

I was saying from the beginning let's go BPA and then defense afterwards...I was very surprised with the TE selection, but this guy could end up being yet another outstanding weapon for us...

The Markelle Martin selection was genius...he was projected in the 3rd, and could very well end up taking Mike Griffin's place next season..

My rating..B+

Would have given it an A, but we didn't draft a center.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

For now, this draft gets a C.

I cannot give a higher grade since we passed on drafting a DE early and didn't draft a single center.

If it weren't for the Gayton chase, we would have Scott Wells, Amano would be gone, and I'd be feeling very good about our team. Instead, I'm concerned we will still be unable to run the ball.

But we'll just have to wait and see. I can't remember who said it, but someone on ESPN (before the draft began) said "Kendall Wright will make the Pro Bowl before Blackmon and Floyd." I want to say it was either Keyshawn, Cris Carter, or Herm. If that comes true, we're in good shape for years to come. Obviously Blackmon is incapable of reaching the Pro Bowl with the worst franchise in sports.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Part of the reason we couldn't run is because our recievers weren't top notch(not to mention CJ's horrible attitude last offseason, which seems to have changed). With a healthy Britt, and these new, shiny toys on offense, I can very well see our running game getting back to where it was...besides Matthews or Vlachos will be upgrades over Amano.

7. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

never draft a player based on his combine, and pre draft hype. I believe wright could be good, but i would never draft a player based on hype.

8. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

wright was drafted based off pre draft hype. brown, when drafted had nothing positive said about him. have you seen his tape, he gets run over on every tackle. we didn't need a TE and we drafted one. there were clearly decent guys on the board late and we passed on them.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

What are you talking about?? Wright was drafted because he had 108 rec. and 1663 yards in one of the better conferences in college football...Brown is exactly what we needed at LB, we will use him to rush the QB and cover TE's(something our current LB's have had trouble with)..also, he led his team in tackles at OLB, I wouldn't say he can't tackle. I somewhat agree with you about the TE, but not really. We got this guy for passing situations...what are defenses going to do when they see two 6'6 guys that run 4.5 40's out there at the same time? poop their pants...

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

One expert had Brown as one of the top 10 steals of the draft.

Everybody has the Wright pick as a good value.

And I don't get this "We didn't need a TE" stuff you re reading here.

Sure, we didn't NEED a freaking crazy athlete. We didn't NEED a six six 280 tight end that runs a 4.5 and has freakishly long arms and big hands.

But I'm THRILLED to have one. This guy could be UNBELIEVABLE. Everyone in the NFL is doing this. The saints, chargers, and raiders got guys who have never even played football before coming to the NFL before. One is a pro-bowler, the other is a possible HOFer.

I mean, if the pick hits... he will be an offensive centerpiece and mismatch nightmare for years.

If he completely craps out, we lost a fifth and a seventh. Big whoop.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar