Rational Re-build discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

ask Kampman from Green Bay if "there isn't much difference"..sorry dude..that one quote kills your arguement

2. TNTitansfan1

TNTitansfan1 Camp Fodder

We definately need to addresss the D-Line as well as the DB situation. Whoever our QB will be next year, we will need to surround him with threats. We need to bring in younger guys to be mentored under Bullock and Thornton as well

3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

i want Cody...and pick up campbell when the redskins cut him

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

^:ha:

5. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

Way to completely ignore gut's total demolition of your argument.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

A new coach coming in here would have a lot to work with.

Offensively the missing piece is a franchise QB but finding one of those isn't easy.

Defensively we still have a lot of young players as a core. In 2010 we will not lose as many players as fans think as free agency has a lot of restrictions without a salary cap.

The draft will be very important as making moves for free agents will be difficult.Picking high is a given IMO.

If Fisher stays he needs to change co-ordinators. If we get a new coach I can't think of a better time to do it. Either way there's no need to panic no matter how frustrating this season is.

We are far from needing a complete rebuild and have a good core who are currently being let down by poor coaching.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think the idea of jeff fisher having old fashioned ideas is dumb. Chuck cecil is the youngest of the 3 top guys and he seems to be the biggest problem.

Last year nobody said he was behind the times so is this something that occured abruptly over 12 months? Gloat? explanation?

WTF is new about the 3-4 defense? Oklahoma used that in the 1950s.

The system gave us a top 10 defense the last 2 years so the system we have on defense is not the problem it is application.

Many teams this year are doing damn well with the 4-3.

Sometimes a coach can spend too long with one organization or maybe he just doesn't care because he has a new contract that makes him one of the highest paid coaches. With 2 straight playoff appearances maybe he doesn't think he can lose his job.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

How so?

Here's a guy who avg'd over 12 sacks a year the last 3 years and through the first 4 games he has 1 and has looked a bit confused at times. Sounds like it makes my point for me. As a 4-3 DE he's a Pro Bowl pass rusher. As a 3-4 OLB, he's just another guy.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:thumb:

I disagree often, but props for two great posts.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Way to completely ignore the definition that I posted nullifying that argument...because after all, Kampman is the mental representative of ALL DEs in the league.
    When you graduated middle school and start learning vocabulary, grammar and definitions, you'll understand.
    I'll be sure to dumb down my terminology for you next time so you can understand it. OK, Sport? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar