Rational Re-build discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This is veering away from the "rational" discussion this thread is supposed to contain.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I know. I just get irritated at people who fail to read and comprehend something before they make knee-jerk retalitations.

Anyway, I don't think we need to rebuild per se. We just need a little tuneup, not an overhaul.
    And the tune up we need IMO, should be coming from some sort of motivational/morale booster.
    If the team and players have no motivation, no amount of playcalling or execution is going to help it.
    Right now the only motivational booster I see for the team is to win a game...convincingly.
    One of the ways that might help them win a game is to put Vince in....to see if he sparks the rest of the team. Even if he plays only marginally better than Collins, if he somehow fires up the rest team with a few clutch plays, and motivates them to start firing on all cylinders, we could start winning games.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

T-Rac will jump on a girl dressed in a horse suite pre game, that should fire everybody up and make the 0-4 go away.

D needs to hit, and hit hard. give the dolts 15 from a flag, they are gonna get them anyways might as well bust their faces while they are doing it.

O needs to put Slimdale in and pound the ball up the middle against the white soft dolt underbelly.

Titans will do neither and will be gracious hosts as Gayton watches Sorgi top 100 yards passing in the 4th quarter, but only after he has gotten his 350. At least the Titan D will hold Indy under 100 yards rushing, but only because they will go TarpKitty and not even bother because the pass and catch is automatic against Harper and company

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Could someone PLEASE explain to me why so many people are interested in Jason Campbell? The guy is going to be a career backup, he's not a good starter.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Because those people don't believe that he's a career backup.

He has been pretty efficient on some terrible offenses. The thinking is that he might flourish behind a real o-line and with a real running game. He could potentially be the ideal QB for a hyper-conservative Fisher offense.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

He's had a real run game and he has some good receivers. He just seems very average to me, I dunno.

7. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

Don't have enough time to read all the posts right now but think this is the best thread I have seen on this site so far. I would like to throw a couple thoughts out there.

I think we need D line help next year more than anything. We don't have any stand out D players and I believe that is key, even a Linebacker would help. Sure we have some strong players but we need a top 5 D player in the league. We should start there first.

As for Fisher, if he can get someone in to do that then great and he should stay. Otherwise hit the road.

This will blow some peoples mind here but we could afford to trade CJ next year. We could sign Lendale and we have Ringer. If we replace Mawae with the money saved on CJ our running attack would be just fine. The trade value for that D player we need could make the deference on this team.

With that move and drafting some solid linemen that would leave us a middle 1st round pick to get someone like Cinci's QB or whoever they rate in the best.

With those few changes I think we could be back on track, of course we have to do something with VY or his salary will kill us next year. I mean 30 million over the next two season is just insane for a backup. Once again I go back to the reason I was saying two weeks ago to play VY. Not that KFC was playing poor but we need to see what VY can do. If he plays awesome the rest of the season then hey we have our guy, if not(probably) then we dump him and save the money.

The Texans are going to be sweat next season and the Colts are always good. If we can't get a shut down D next year then we need to be desperate like Denver was and see what happens

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Something I hate about our coaching staff, and many others is how they have to coddle the QB. We used three high draft picks in a row on RB, and we ended up with a pretty good stable of backs. Yeah, Henry was a dud, but White and Johnson have served admirably. Why can't (or don't) we do that with the QB position? Because it would break his confidence? Because it would cost too much? Only if we were consistently drafting in the top ten. I wonder where Collins's confidence was when he came off the bench last season.

9. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

If we were going to pick up a young "busted" QB with potential I'd rather pick up Alex Smith. Injuries, poor decision making, and 4? or 5? offensive coordinators in as many years....

10. SpartanFan

SpartanFan Camp Fodder

Do you guys miss "The Schwartz"? He is very well liked in Detroit. He's a cool dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar