Rational Re-build discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The biggest area of change for the Titans is going to be the defensive line, IMO. We could lose up to three starters there if Brown is not re-signed. Most likely, we lose our ends.

I have been strongly pondering the use of Jason Jones in a Kevin Carter role. Put him in Kearse's place and let him rush the passer on third downs from the DT position. It would fill the need of acquiring a DE. I believe Hayes would be ready to fill KVB's role if he was not re-signed. I'd let Ford play in a Travis LaBoy type role on third downs. I can't quite believe we'll have Haye for three more years. But I think we've got potentially three more very good DEs already on the team. I'd start Brown and Vickerson/Haye at DT, unless Marks was ready to start next year. If we could add a dynamic playmaker on the line, great. But I'm not fully expecting it.

At linebacker, if we lose Bulluck, most likely it would be McRath who replaces him, but if he's not ready by that time, and presuming Keglar is, I would expect Thornton to switch over to WILL and Keglar steps in to SAM. Then when Thornton's contract is up, McRath would come in and play.

I guess I do expect a top defensive player, most likely d-line or LB, or QB as the first pick in 2010.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Not that we need another pipeline from the Texas program, but I'm liking the idea of Sergio Kindle. I'd say he'd be a DE, but who knows with an athlete like that.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Rice, Addai, Mendenhall, and Moreno are not even close to CJ yet. You just don't trade big time play makers like that, it would be a completely foolish trade.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Plus, as I said, CJ averages $2.4M/year under this contract. Trading him would be preposterous rhinocerous, considering he's on pace to win the rushing title. You can't beat value like that.

5. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

Portis (lead the afc) was traded for Champ Bailey. Who came out better on that deal, Denver or the Skins?

Walker was traded to the Vikings, who came out better on that deal? RB's are easy to replace, almost anyone can gain 1000 yds in Fishers offense.

Sure CJ is a better back right now than all those backs, the Titans are 0-4 and all those teams combined are 14-2. I think my point is proven, you don't need a top back to win.

6. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

If we go with a D-linemen first round, we should definitely get Suh from Nebraska. Anybody who watched the Nebraska/Mizzou game last night knows what I'm talking about. He's an absolute freak whose motor does not stop.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Running backs are easy to find, top tier running backs aren't. That's the difference.

8. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

This team is built to be torn apart IMO as long as we have an owner who won't spend money to win a championship and a coach who will not bring in star players or players perfect for his system because of character or adapt to his coaching style because it seems like even rookie head coaches know Fisher more than Fisher knows Fisher. If we have to rebuild this is how it should be done:

Draft

we're gonna have a high pick but it won't be spent on a QB because the last thing we need is three QBs eating up 60 to 70 percent of our cap room, instead I feel we should target Eric Berry and sucker some team into taking Chris Hope for a second round pick or draft Brandon Spikes ILB from Florida

Defense

Bulluck's going nowhere and KVB will be franchised or retire and Kearse will probably retire; I really want to see this team run a 3-4 have Bulluck and Thornton on the outside with Tulloch and Spikes on the inside along with Jones and Ford the two DEs with Vickerson or Haye at NT until Marks is ready

Offense

plain and simple fire Heimerdinger and bring in an OC that will utilize not only a running game that could make CJ surpass Peterson as the best RB in the league but a passing game the Titans lacked since Mason, Bennett, and Wycheck had the ball thrown to them

Coaches

Fisher has earned the right to leave on his own terms which is why he could be the new GM after this season; for his replacement (whoever it is) to work out he has to be allowed to build the team his way with his own personnel and not Fisher's leftovers which could cause a coaching mutiny

9. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Not gonna happen. No way Dinger is fired.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

MBSGWB is not missed, I did not like him as DC and now I know souless beancounting accountants are "cool" in Detroit. Thanks for the info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar