Ravens Offer to McNair Much Higher Than Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Missing the forest for the trees...

They would sign him to a 5 year deal so they don't lower his base too much and give him a signing bonus instead which needs years to be spread over for us to get cap space this year. Capishe?

No player contract at this stage of the game is bout the player PLAYING for that length of time, but merely a way to get cap room and push his big cap hit down the road.

MacNine had it right. It's basically a restructure so McNair gets more money upfront and a lesser base salary (he'll still make a lot of money) to save us cap room this season. And yes, there are no guarantees on any season past this one.

However, he'd be in the same boat with Baltimore but have more money in his pocket. If this is about money, he'll be a Raven. If it's about starting, he it's a coin flip. Ravens have a better team with a better shot at winning and he'd definitely start this year...perhaps in 07 too (if he doesn't get hurt and doesn't retire). On the other hand, the Titas are home. He's familiar with our players and offense, has a good relationship with Fisher and can mentor his long time understudy VY. This is the storybook ending save going out with a SB win.

McNair will not play for 5 more years no matter what contract he signs...it's only to spread out his signing bonus so our cap this year can be lowered.

Gut

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

McNair CAN play for five more seasons. Consider this. He plays probably 8 games a season, and sits on his butt, getting paid for the rest of it. Really 5 seasons equals about 2 and a half seasons for players who are durable and work hard.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

team loyalty? do you know how many times this guy has re-done his contract because we needed him to? that's what has gotten us in this clusterbuck in the first place.

it's finally come time for the team to pay up, and they aren't willing to.

4. McNair hasn't sacrificed anything by renegotiating every year. If anything, it benefits him because he's getting it all up front rather than being paid all that money of the course of the year.

That having been said, he isn't worth $10M this year. The Titans shouldn't pay him that.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:wave: sianara

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

this is gonna suck there is never going to be another steve mcnair for tenneesse just like there will never be another eddie george.. this is just sad and rong.. if steve really thinks about it he knos in his heart that he is and always will be a titan.. he just needs to forgive and forget and take the deal with us.. i fu****g hate the ravens

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Tweek

[​IMG]
    take it easy man.

8. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I am a fan of steve mcnair and it pains me to see steve leave, but i wish he would just leave for the sake of the team.

He wants more money then we can give him, i may like mcnair but i love the titans more.

Mcnair has done so many things for the titans but he needs to either take a pay cut (again) or leave: if doesn't leave or doesn't take a pay cut and he waits it out and continues to demand a higher pay check then he would hurt the future of the organization and hinder success.

And frankly i'm already tired of hearing it. Let's get it over with!:hmm:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he's never taken a paycut.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Gunny, even I resisted that response. How many times a day does that get said here? I really think that short circuits the point here... All this situation makes about as much sense as McNair and the Titans deciding that they could drive up McNair's price as a favor to McNair, because they are going to cut him, in exchange Steve gives us trade cues when we play they Ravens. :sleepy: Please, it's not even training camp yet... one thing remains clear ... truth is stranger than fiction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar