Ravens Offer to McNair Much Higher Than Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It should be an announcement when everyone enters the forum.

STEVE McNAIR HAS NEVER TAKEN A PAYCUT!

2. Move along people................he has never taken a paycut

[​IMG]

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Basics of any argument here is that McNair is more in love with the green and than the columbia blue.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I would agree.
    That is another reason I think he should stay. Grant you, $5.5 mil is $5.5mil and half what the Titans are offering, but that is about 1/10 of what he has made with the Titans in his career.
    For all of those who say "It's not about the money for Steve", like the have a personal relationship with him and know him....remember this when he plays for the Ravens for 1 year and is gone.
    That means he did it for the money.

The ultimate legacy would be the Marino, Elway scenario where you retire from your same team that you started with. He will have given that up for $5 million. Again, a ton of money to us....but that is like $1,000 to someone who makes $100,00 a year.:shake:

5. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

It is about money for both sides, why is is that steve is getting bashed for wanting money and the team doesnt? Steve laid in hospital bed trying to breath after sacrificing his body in game after game. What is the teams sacrifice? Does the team come to player and say hey "you out played yourself this year" or "thanks for getting your chest broken" "here have an extension and some cash" - I can understand those of you who are ready to move on with new players and new hope. But are you really suprised that someone wants to make the best deal for himself at the end of his carreer? I dont need Steve to retire a titan to feel good about the time he was here... what i dont feel good about is every Titan/Oiler star getting treated with a "were done with you" attitude as they get closer to leaving the game. His loyalty to the team can be measured by his effort in the games he played. How do you measure the teams loyalty?

6. maybe not either of them... but we got Vincent Young who will be better than mcnair by far, mcnair even said that Vince can do things that he cant, and Vince just got drafted!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar