Ravens @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He also never held out until one week before the season seeking "top playmaker" money. That's the point you seem to keep missing here. We aren't knocking him exclusively for his play. We're knocking him for the ridiculous holdout that lasted 6 weeks too long, his "fake fan" comments, his "it's okay it's just one game" comment, AND his play on top of all that.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You are right and logical, but fanboy there doesn't seem to be able to grasp common sense.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

And I'm not ignorant to the fact that he held out...

My whole point here is its a business, it happens all the time, and some of you are being girls about the situation. If the shoe was on your guys feet, you would have done it exactly how CJ did it if you thought that was the best move (it was). You'll say otherwise now, but everyone on that team respects CJ and that should tell you all you need to know.

4. Hoffa

So glad you were able to interview everyone on the roster...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Never been a fan of Dave Ball, but he definitely showed why he made the roster today

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

By the way we just s*** stomped the Ravens!!

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Wow. Great all around effort. Hasselbeck continues to be a Ravens killer! I love it.

Hasselbeck was fantastic. Besides getting a few throws batted down, he was great all game. Over 350 pass yards vs. the Ratbirds?!? Can't go wrong with that. Also did a great job of spreading the ball around (I believe 8 receivers made a catch).

The run game was slow as expected. Ringer made two great plays with the TD run on 4th down (we all know Jeff Fisher would have kicked the FG) and the screen pass. I'm not worried about CJ. I expected another weak game from him. I also expect him to have his coming out party next week vs. Denver (120+ rush yards).

Britt is a MACHINE, wow. He killed the dirty Ratbirds all game long! They literally could not cover him at all. One of the best WR in football! Washington also had an amazing game going over 100 receiving yards. What a catch by Cookie, wow (worth a mention). Nice contributions from Hawkins as well.

The OL was it's usual self; bad in the run game but very good in pass protection (Hass didn't get sacked once).

The DL deserves a big shout out. They got pressure on Flacco all day and we all know how terrible he becomes under pressure. We flustered him all day long and never allowed there offense to get into a groove. Ball was all over the place all day long. Smith & Marks played well too. I saw Casey make a nice run stuff or two as well. Klug forced a turnover with a big strip. Jones was flying and I saw Morgan chip in nicely too; plus neither Jones or Morgan got hurt haha.

the LB core was pretty good, minus that awful Ruud missed tackle on the TD. But still a good game for these guys. Witherspoon & Ayers were good; Also, McRath did well in nickel packages.

The secondary was fantastic. Finny was in absolute beast mode, looked like a top 5 corner again and both Verner/Mccourty came up with INT's. Babineaux also forced a fumble on a nice Klug strip. Griffin was the worst of the group with the dumb penalty and missed INT.

Sucks Bironas missed what should be an easy FG but he was on point the rest of the game.

GO TITANS!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Hoffa

There you go, that's what team fans do. Some here would call you a fake fan because you didn't swing from Ball's nuts from day 1...

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Brian Billick is a moron.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Not true. Sure, I wouldn't have played the season without a new contract. But I would've got to Nashville with the quickness the second Reinfeldt publicly said they'd make me the top paid RB in the league as soon as I showed up. Instead, CJ acted like a spoiled baby and stayed in Orlando.

Here's what it boils down to, as fans of the team, we are pissed at how CJ handled himself in the offseason because it's CLEARLY hurting the team. You seem to think it's all good and he was just doing what he had to do, team be damned. Which is fine. We just have different views on the matter.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar