Ravens @ Titans Post Game Rant/Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

this was revenge for that bs that went down in 08

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Yeah... lots of RBs got more yards today than CJ has gotten in the first two games. :irked:

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Awesome game. Great effort on both sides of the ball. Babs needs to be the starter at safety permanently too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

If this team plays with the same passion every week I like our chances.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not in my opinion, but I'll take this sun soaked victory over the ratbirds

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Agreed. Revenge for 2008 only comes in the playoffs.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Revenge for 2008 will only happen if we beat those turds in the playoffs AND go on to win the Super Bowl.

It's amazing to me how no one (outside the Titans fanbase) seems to know how we would've won two Super Bowls had these chumps not come in here and won on a couple of fluke games.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Anyone else think Jeff Fisher would have lost this game 13-10 and then talk about how we had a good week of practice but didn't execute?

9. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

I was fortunate enough to attend this game and had an absolute blast. Here are my observations on our performance and the team based on what I saw with my own eyes, from about 25 rows back in the endzone. (Some of these might have already been brought up, but that's fine):

1. Shaun Smith and Jurrell Casey might be our 2 most important players this year. They are HUGE and had tons of penetration in the middle of the line, and they hit Ray Rice HARD. Derrick Morgan, Jason Jones, and Dave Ball also had a helluva game and gave Flacco nightmares all day long.

2. I have underestimated Cortland Finnegan's contribution to this team and his skills. Watching him play that close-up, and from that point of view, it was amazing to see how his WRs he was covering would appear open, my heart would sink when I'd see Flacco throw the ball to him knowing it'd be a completion, but Cortland closed the gap super quickly and was able to make a play on the ball, breaking the pass up.

3. On the offensive side of the ball, the only reason Hasselbeck and Britt (whose jersey I wore so I was going nuts the whole game) had the days that they did was because of the superb play of the offensive line. Hasselbeck was barely touched and never sacked, and that made all the difference in the world.

4. It was easy to have the urge to get frustrated at CJ, but we have to remember he was running against the Ravens defense. This would have been a challenge regardless, so keep that in mind. When Ringer was in the game, they likely weren't keying in on the run like they were against CJ, therefore opening it up a little more for Ringer. I've always held the argument that a team's backup RB is more important than its starter (see: Arian Foster-Ben Tate, Ryan Grant-James Starks), so if we can keep Ringer running and catching like he showed against Baltimore, we will be in an OK spot. The main disgruntlement I heard from fans and season ticket holders around me were just the snide remarks about CJ being unworthy of his $30mil after getting stuffed for 2 yards for about the 18th time.

5. Did I mention that our defensive tackles are huge?

6. Speaking of huge, Jared Cook is massive. His catch Sunday was one of the best catches I've ever seen in public, and would have been the best catch by a tight end this week if it weren't for Tony Gonzalez's one-hander last night.

7. Mariani so far is a non-factor. As is Tim Shaw. Special teamers are really struggling to make a name for themselves with the new rule.

Overall, I had a blast. Hell of a game, hell of a surprise, and I'm already looking forward to my annual trip to Houston on New Year's and my annual trip to Nashville next year.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

without a doubt fishface would not have won this game.

The Ringer TD would have been a Bironas FG as the most obvious thing. Plus Munchaks reluctance to give the ratbirds the ball late in the 4Q. Fishface would have punted the ball back preventing another FG I am sure of it. So the way I see it the final 5 mins would have seen the ratbirds with the ball down by 7. Fishface lost a bunch of those the last 3 years. PLUS CJ would have gotten 30 runs and Hasselback would have only gotten 15 pass attempts so I doubt Tennessee would have even gotten half of the 20 points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar