Ravens waiting for Mac???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

It's feasible that Brees only plays one year. Someone on Sirius was saying that if they didn't grant Brees the option for year two, he has a one year, $10M deal. I've said, don't think the Saints or Jets or even Dolphins won't draft a QB if they can.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He got 8 million in signingbonus. This year he has a 2 million salary, next year 3 million. Next year he's due his first option bonus, 12 million big ones.
    That's a total of 25 million or nearly half of the contract for only 2 years.

He'll have to win the SuperBowl this year, if he wants to stay for more than one season. Otherwise they'll stick with Leinart.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree, but i dont think it is set in stone if Reggie is there or Brick.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Titans don't need a RB right now so they skip on Reggie or trade down, Brick would be nice but they aren't know for taking OL in the 1st round so again skip or trade. If I was the Texans I would take Brick over Reggie. They have their QB for the future, their current RB isn't chopped liver but they do need OL to protect Carr. I suspect all 3 QB's may be there for us unless NO trades down

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The biggest hole on our roster right now is at Offensive Tackle (left or right depending on what happens with Roos). Does anyone think we will really start the season with David Stewart at RT??

I'm all for drafting Leinart, but if we are filling holes Brick is the pick. We haven't even made a token effort to bring in a Tackle in free agency, so either Bell starts the season at RT or the Titans are seriously looking at drafting a Tackle early.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How could you say no to this face.

[​IMG]

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jwill...

You need to do your homework on this. Chow modified the offense so mcnair wouldn't hold the ball for so long and take hits. It was by design we dump it off more. With better blocking and a better running game we won't have to do that as much.

You can't tell me that having a very young and thin WR corp had something to do with that. Especially since that was really the only area of the team that had a lot of injury.

How many teams got 65 receptions from rookie WR?

I thought your initial complaint was that mcnair didn't throw to young guys. Now you say he didn't throw to the WR as much. So which is it? 92 of those TE receptions went to a firast year player and a second year player. 65 of those 119 WR recepts went to rookies. ???

Drew bennett didn't come up with mcnair and he never had a problem throwing to him. I don't think your criticism has merit.

Why don't you look at the 2003 stats when WR caught almost 2/3 of the passes.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Roll, I just think McNair is regressing. He no longer has Wychek or Mason to dump passes off to, so now Kinney is our leading reciever because Steve has happy eyes and won't look to his recievers. My point is that Mac doesn't throw to anyone he hasn't played with for at least 5 years, except if you are a tight end and you are standing 8 yards away as a dump off.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

McNair was in a new offense with no "true" #1 receiver. Bennett is a #2 and was injured, and we had "no go" Calico and some rookies.

Who the #$#@ is he gonna throw to? Of course his tight ends and RB's. He checked down this year alot b/c that was his best option.

I hope McNair doesn't make the same mistake Eddie made. Steve could have a very lucrative retirement career in Nashville with "spin-off" ops like restaurants, sporting good stores, appearances, etc. (probably not broadcasting). I hope he re-negotiates- he's got at least 2 more good seasons.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

jwill...

Kinney was tied for second in receiving in 2005 with troupe, 55 catches each. Bennett led the team with 58 catches.

You are barking up the wrong tree with this distribution arguement. We had three different players with 50 catches and 8 with 21 or more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar