Ray Lewis?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Murderer? Do you really believe that? Is this an OJ thing now?
    I'm interested now SK. You don't know what you have done. I want to hear the case against Ray Lewis. If anyone can sway my opinion it is you. Take your time. I'd like to hear this.

[​IMG]

2. Lewis clearly was involved in the murder of those 2 guys, even if it's as simple as his 2 buddies doing the actual killing and him taking them away in his limo and covering it up.

Just look up the facts in the case. The inside of his limo and all of their clothes were covered in the blood of the victims. And he lied under oath about his relationship with his 2 buddies who were also involved. The court didn't find him "not guilty" of murder because he copped a plea bargain and pled guilty to a lesser charge). He had better lawyers than the DA, who screwed the criminal case completely. Then he settled out of court to prevent civil trials from the families of the 2 victims.

I don't care if the court didn't find him guilty of murder, he did it.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Ray Lewis >>> any defender the Titans have ever had since moving from Houston.

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I would puke. I also would not go to a single game he was playing in.

But there is not a snowball's chance in hell of this happening. The Titans are going to pay for a MLB who is clearly on the decline.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Thank you as always for providing the facts to think on.
    Good thing our GM isn't this guy.
    [​IMG]

6. JohnnyTitan

JohnnyTitan Camp Fodder

Lewis would be a great addition to the team if the situation were different. Sacrificing a 2nd when we are already without a 3rd for a 30 year old that I'm sure would cost us more than we want to spend is not the direction we want to go. His passion and leadership would be incredible assets to the team if we were close to being a playoff contender.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

No point to it. One, why would he want to play here. There's no good reason for him to finish out here when he could play for a contender. Two, we aren't going anywhere with or wothout him for another three to four years. By the time we are ready to roll he'll be over the Drew hill. There's really no point on either side.

8. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

We need Takeo Spikes!

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

See, Takeo Spikes I would go after if he were a FA.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm not saying we should get him either, however I do want to raise a few points.

1) We already have wifebeaters, drunken drivers and flashers. Accessory to murder doesn't bother me much, especially since he wasn't convicted even if he did pull an OJ. Maybe it's because I don't live in TN, but what the players do outside the field comes second in my book.

2) Don't spout nonsense about getting Hawk instead Lewis. The question is do we draft D'Qwell Jackson/Abdul Hodge/Thomas Howard or trade for Ray Lewis.

3) Comparisons to Pacman are right out the window. If anything Ray Lewis brings a team together. As far as I know he's been the centerpiece of the Ravens team for years, both on and off the field. He had his one runin with the law, but for all I know he's as professional as they come when it's about football.

So the question is really, would he be worth more than above draft prospects, considering his age, injury concerns and salary? I honestly don't know. For a third (which I know we don't have) and change I would be all over him though (certainly a better trade than Henry in my book...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar