Ray Lewis?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Hey now. Keith can only do as much as is backed up by the coaching staff. It's well known that Pacman was given a lot of preferential treatment by the coaching staff.

Keith can get in Pacman's face all day long, but if the coaching staff doesn't back him up what good does it do. Pacman is a new breed of rookie that realizes that a team is really over pot of poop when it comes to disciplining them. They are given multiple millions of dollars up front and a team can't cut them without losing tons of money, among other things.

Pacman has a really rebellious nature and he pushed his teammates and coaches as far as a rookie ever has. Even though Pac acted an absolute Donkey, when he started making plays on the field, the fans embraced him. If Ray Lewis was brought in to try to reel Pac in, it would be an utter disaster.

Don't you talk about my Keithie!:irked:

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I just noticed Ray has 999 Tackles

imagine him getting his 1,000 tackle on another team

on second thought .... who gives a puck !

3. The Mrs

First of all, get ya facts right. Ray neither murdered a person, nor was he an accessory.

He was hanging out with some of his friends from the 'hood. His friends from the 'hood were acting like idiots. Guys from another entourage were acting like idiots. They started howling and beating their chests. Tempers flared. Because these guys have a "hood-like" mentality, instead of walking away, they kept arguing.

Ray's entourage was walking out of the club, the guys started fighting. His 'hood friends acted "hood" and used a knife to fight. Ray had already headed for his limo and was about to flee the scene. His boys saw their ride rolling out and jumped in the limo with Ray. These are his boys from childhood. He was in shock, among other things.

Ray's name was put in the forefront simply because of his name. How sensational a story would it be to use the name "Leroy Jenkins"? It was too difficult to resist using the name Ray Lewis and Super Bowl murder in the same caption. The only thing Ray was guilty of was the company that he kept.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Ugh, didn't know that. I'll pass. :ha:

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I never really looked much into Ray's case except that he got off. If it was indeed obvious that he was guilty, I think that changes my whole perspective of him. I don't want anyone capable of murder on any NFL field, much less the Titans.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I didn't follow the case at all. But jurors and judges in general think it through clearly. I'm confident he didn't do or intend to do anything. There is some illusion that you can be found not guilty even if you did it. That you can escape the evidence. But a lot of people forget. Not guilty is an actual verdict. The jury has to get there. It isn't some kind of default verdict. So if he was found not guilty I tend to think it was pretty obvious he was not guilty of anything.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Exactly. None of us were in that courtroom, and I know none us have all the evidence of the prosecution. That's why I withhold judgement at this point.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He was found guilty of lying to investigators and obstructing justice.
    He didnt' even have the decency to apologize to the victims family for trying to help their son's murderers get away with it.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I hate quoteing entire posts but if everything you say here is the case then what of this blank Adam Jones jersey thing?
    [​IMG]
    Pacman would respect Ray Lewis for the all-pro that he is. Keith Bulluck was childish in his dealings with Pacman Jones. I don't know that Pacman needs to be reeled in at this point, I just think that Lewis wouldn't let him stray to where he'd need to be reeled in.

In light of the posts I've read about the murder investigation I have long forgotten about... perhaps the majority of you are right that Lewis has no place on this team. That being said I do not see a negative impact whatsoever for what Ray Lewis has shown the last several years since he "ripped" away our post season in our house. I suspect there may be some hatin' going on because we haven't been that good since...

The 2000 team was better than the 2002 team or 2003 IMHO. I think some may be bitter about that. I was but winning the 2003 WC helped alot and beating the dog**** out of the ratbirds this season helped alot too. I really think this might be a case of hating on a Super Bowl XXXV winner more than it is moral opposition to a cold blooded killer. Maybe the man just didn't want to go to prision. I don't know the facts of the case...

Not everybody is going to phone the police when their friends come running to them paniced because they made a horrible mistake. I don't know...but don't sit here folks and think that Keith Bulluck handled Pacman Jones with any kind of grace or professionalism.

Kieth Bulluck acted like a retarded baby in regards to everything Pacman related. Bulluck made a bad situation worse with his crap. I don't think Ray Lewis would play little boy games with Pacman Jones. Disaster? You don't think that Bulluck on Pacman wasn't a disaster? How could it of been any worse? Bulluck acted like a rookie.:sad2:

10. The Mrs

I just told you, firsthand, exactly what happened. Ray had NOTHING to do with the murder, or the fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar