RB carry distribution

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

FYI, Murray has fumbled twice, lost one. Henry has yet to fumble. Of course. Murray has more carries.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

I thought about that as well. The read option play in week 1 is a perfect example though of what I was saying. Marcus and Murray weren't on the same page on that play and it ended up in a scoop and score.

But since then, they've had a lot more reps together and are much more comfortable. That was clearly evident in how confident both guys looked running the read option yesterday. Henry just hasn't had as many reps as Murray, and the chance of something bad happening would be more likely. It's not a knock on Henry by any means, just the simple fact that Murray has taken more game and practice reps makes him the better end of game option.

3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

My only concern was that he would get a knee torn up the way they were ganging up on the run at the end. Of course, I don't want that to happen to Henry either. Maybe we should have run Fowler some. He's tough. Just a concern.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

There is no carry distribution to discuss when Murray is playing out of his mind.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

You're right, Murray is a beast. But the topic was to not risk injury to our mvp workhorse late in a game that is secured and use Henry.

6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Did you see Henry rip off that 22 yarder? He is something special too. No reason not to see both of them in the game. I agree that Murray is very special, and can turn the corner much better, but I love watching Henry roll.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah.... 117 touches for Murray compared to 37 for Henry. Regardless, Murray is clearly the guy they trust the most. So I have no problem with them rolling with him in that situation.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Feed the King

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Henry was potentially my favorite player in the draft. I was beyond ecstatic when the Titans drafted him. But ride our MVP for now.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

There should be. Seasons are long. When we get to game 11-16 will he still be able to run like he is now if he doesn't share the load?

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar