RB Depth Jalen Parmele and Jackie Battle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

nope ben tate is a stud.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Battle probably sticks but is he not greene? He doesn't cost 10 million either. Who is the kick returner is the question because I would only keep 3 backs.

3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Greene >> Battle

I like Battle as the #3 RB. He runs tough, and I could see him getting some carries this year... but he really doesn't have much to his game other than pushing the pile and trying to run people over. Greene is a power back, but is also much more elusive than I thought he would be. He can truck you for the 1 or 2 tough yards for the 1st, but he can hit a hole and pick up a big gain too. Battle can be good in small doses, but I wouldn't want to rely on him if CJ were to go down. I would be fine with Greene as the starter if CJ went down (god forbid)

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Greene's college highlight tape is extremely impressive and he always ran well in NY. I never understood why so many on here were hating on him.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I don't know how true this may turn out to be or not to be but i read a comment from Webster a few months back where he stated that if Greene had a pretty good season that he could possibly replace C.J. as the starting back in 2014 if the team decides for some reason C.J.'s cap number is too high.Of course he was saying Greene would be a much cheaper option and that could be something that is looked at.

As far as i'm concerned if C.J. is still dangerous and able to still play at a high level i think they would definitely need to keep him because he is a big weapon on offense.We should definitely keep both C.J. and Greene in the backfield especially if they are successful this season.We've learned a lesson in the past getting rid of talent too soon due to cap concerns.You do whatever it takes to keep C.J. on the team if push comes to shove and you definitely don't go getting rid of him and then drafting another back because we've been snakebit quite a bit recently drafting RB's.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

My first post when I heard we got Battle:

JC's response to my post:

Lololololololololol if JC were an NFL team he'd be the Jags.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I was gonna say the Jets, TE can be the Jags, he provides comic relief.

You can be the Ravens.

8. RavensShallBurn

Well, I was gonna say Raiders or Jets. But since the Jags have the least fans of any pro sports team on the planet, are in our division, and Parmele played for them it just made more sense.

I guess I'm the World Champion then.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Via referee

10. RavensShallBurn

No he's not.

Kathy Bates could run behind that line of theirs. It's the same exact blocking scheme that the Broncos ran when Kubiak was there. Remember all those no name scrubs that ran all over the place for them?

That's the exact same reason Foster and Tate look so good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar